That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

Jazzy G

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Presumably somebody is going to now set up a "watch star trek" streaming site like that watch wrestling one. This is dreadful. 

• Paid Members

I hope this isn’t the end of all Trek on Netflix, I’m only into s2 of my Voyager rewatch. All these years later I still can’t figure out how I rate it. Depends on the episode probably. Some of the concepts are fantastic but I never learned to love the characters like I did TNG or to a lesser extent DS9.

• Paid Members

They're all leaving soon I think, which is annoying because I could have gotten into watching DS9 while I recovered from my op. I'll get back on with House. 

Let's be honest though, Discovery has been shit, so it's no big loss.  I've been rewatching the odd TNG episode in anticipation of it being removed soon anyway.  The new era series are nothing like the TNG/DS9 era in terms of quality or rewatchability.   Bring back episodical sci fi series please!

32 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I'd love DS9 in HD, but I'm not sure they'd see any return due to the amount it costs to properly redo those 90s Lightwave sequences.  The short bit that was crowdfunded for the documentary wasn't cheap.  We can dream though.  If they do, the chances of me subscribing to yet another streaming service would tick up a few percentage points.

Maybe they could do what HBO did with B5, rescan the neg for full HD or 4K on the live action only shots, and upscale the VFX ones. It’s not ideal but it’s something. 

Yeah, new Trek has been dog shit so I stopped watching Discovery, but it was nice to have DS9 and Voyager on there (the others I have the Blu Rays) for a watch.

Paramount have long treated Trek shabbily. They don't understand what they have.  The fact they hire people like Kirkman who is a talent-less hack to run in it says everything.

27 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Double post but I can't get over the new Federation President being that Nazi Helen Smith from The Man In The High Castle. Also, not a very good first episode starting with such a cringey Michael bit full of bad jokes.

Has Discovery new season started? Guess I better go pirate it since I have literally no other option. Thanks, Paramount, ya dipshits.