That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
Just now, Onyx2 said:

Just a shame they're not Star Trek characters. 

The Emergency Stereotype Holograms do my head in. It's not even like the accents he's doing for them are good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
32 minutes ago, Loki said:

Fuck that, I want to see Yaphet Kotto as Captain of the Enterprise.

MV5BMDQzZjBiYjUtZTVmYy00OTg3LWJkNDUtOWY1

"Make it so".

Amazing yes, but surely would've denied us Homicide Life on the Street. 

• Paid Members

I thought Kevin Peter Hall's name rang a bell. He only played the Predator in the first two. 

I'm on season 6 of DS9 and just when you think Bashir is bearable they do that with him, I forgot how much it dragged him back down to a shit-tier character. The episode with the others like him being played with weird stereotypes is fucking dreadful, too.

Yeah, what a total disaster that episode was. He'd become a pretty well rounded character by that point, still some low key arrogance but far more likeable and with the spying/section 31 thread, you really didn't need something like that. Just completely deflates him. 

Should have Poochied that epsiode, or just wrote in some kind of mystical penance from the prophets where he becomes normal, like

how Odo becomes a changeling again for no reason

spoilered because Chris B is watching through and they're fairly pivotal, if ultimately meaningless plot points. 

• Paid Members

Apparently Discovery is getting a film. I cant link to reputable sources, as I havent looked for any because I'm a bit drunk on rum. 

Hope this is enough: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star-trek-discovery-movie-shooting-shutdown-ends/

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Pike's getting his own spin-off show!

Hope they don't cock it up. There's a danger it could fall into a "something bad happens, Pike knows he can't die so goes to fix it then tries to hide how he managed it from the rest of the crew". The tricky bit would be how to "neutralise" Pike in a way that isn't contrived. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I devoured it instantly. So right. The last ten minutes in particular is a love letter to what could've been. Trek up to Enterprise is so optimistic and thought provoking, while Picard is generically garbage. 

• Awards Moderator
35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Whatever they do with Star Trek next I just hope they've got EVE Online space battles out of their system.  I don't want to see 5,000 ships onscreen again.

I just need a bit more people in a room talking. With some lights if they can afford it. Battles of the mind as well as phasers. Wrestle with theological, humanistic and moral issues. And occasionally raise a smile.