Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Lytle's fight is next week by the way, i got the date wrong.

Not sure what happened with Shamrock. This bareknuckle thing is strange though, there's been a few fighters linked to it but a lot of seems to fall through. Lytle can't be making more from this than a return to MMA would surely?

• Paid Members

has anyone seen the new of former Bellator Featherweight Champ Daniel Straus being involved in a pretty serious motorbike accident over Christmas? Apparently being told initially he may never walk again, he's back on his feet already and is planning his comeback. Sad news, but a crazy story. Straus is the man.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/1/2/16839616/bellator-daniel-straus-motorcycle-accident-recovery-featherweight-mma-news

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not to mention it's JCVD! He was a star before Cody was born. Should consider it an honour to be kicked in the head by him.

In all seriousness, though, how petulant. How do you go into a sparring match with one of the most famous and loved martial arts movie stars ever, and end up treating a clear accident like a personal slight?

I don't think Garbrandt is as horrible as he's often made out to be; his bark is much worse than his bite, but FFS - his bark is really fucking exasperating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

There's a new series added to Netflix which I noticed last night..'Bare Knuckle Fight Club'. Apparently a docuseries following fighters/promoters in the UK bare knuckle scene. I haven't watched any yet but my wife is out on Saturday night so if it's not completely shit I'll likely plough through it then.