Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bellator jumping on the Hawaii train whilst the UFC don't want to take the chance is a good idea. Target markets that the UFC neglect is a sound plan, rather than being seen as a clear number two in markets that UFC frequent. There should be an incredible atmosphere at that Hawaii card as they have been starved of fights. I have no idea if, other than the weather risk, there is anything stopping the UFC running the stadium in Honolulu. Imagine Holloway Vs Ortega for the belt, and a BJ Penn retirement fight (if you can convince him to retire) underneath the Hawaiian sunset. It feels like too good an idea not to do, unless it's just completely impossible, for some unbeknownst reason. 

• Paid Members

Ive always wondered why the UFC hasnt gone to Hawaii, with the history the sport has there, the fighters available and the undeniable passion of the fans its always felt like a no brainer.

Im glad Bellator are going there though. Id love to see a couple of loc veterans on there, maybe a Kendall Grove, someone like that.

Ive mentioned it on the forum before but go back and watch some old Superbrawl/Rumble on the Rock events from hawaii. Brilliant stuff.

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Ive always wondered why the UFC hasnt gone to Hawaii, with the history the sport has there, the fighters available and the undeniable passion of the fans its always felt like a no brainer.

Probably down to a lack of venue to their liking? The Blaisdale is less than 10k capacity and for what would be an overseas show I wonder if that factors in.  Still, that size would be perfect for a non PPV event you'd think.

Edited by Keith Houchen
Book em, Dano.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It all comes down to money at the end of the day, Dana said they’ve been in talks but the Hawaii Tourism Authorities don’t want to pay anywhere near what the UFC is asking

Being a bit dim here: surely that's arse-about-face? Shouldn't the UFC be paying the authorities? After all, they're getting an opportunity to make a profit there - what do the Hawaiian authorities get if they're not paying for stadium hire, public licences, or local taxes?

23 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

So that's three of my favourite fighters ever fighting in Bellator the next few months. Cro Cop, Manhoef and Wanderlei Silva.

I have just had a look at the card that Cro Cop is on and they seem to have dragged Bob Sapp back from wherever he was hiding to fight on the card as well. He is fighting former Sumo wrestler Abdelrahman Shalan. Sapp is only on a 14 fight losing streak. 15th time lucky?

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

How the hell did a Bob Sapp fight in 2018 manage to get to the third round. I'm dying to watch this now once I get a chance to play the video with the sound up. . . 

. . .😂😂 Just beautiful.

Edited by WeeAl