Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

This is more Random Shit than Minor News, but a couple of days ago, my sister got news that she'd got her black tag (one before black belt) in TKD, and tweeted a pic. Brendan Schaub liked it and DMed her to say "congratulations", and she got a load of RTs and likes as a result. I feel a bit tainted now.

• Paid Members

No way! I loved Maldonado. He was never the best in MMA but he was great to watch. Real good body puncher and tough as nails. Everyone remembers him for getting beat to a pulp by Glover but he had a proper forgotten war with Igor Pokrajac on a Fight Night around 2012/13 that I fucking loved. He was let down by his lack of power and grappling. 

He’ll lose but I’ll be pulling for him to upset Gorman. 

• Paid Members

he went 10 rounds and lost recently to Oscar Rivas, the guy Fury is rumored to be fighting. He seems to be being put in that granite tough journeyman role that can give people rounds and make them look good. I'll be watching.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

No way! I loved Maldonado. He was never the best in MMA but he was great to watch. Real good body puncher and tough as nails. Everyone remembers him for getting beat to a pulp by Glover but he had a proper forgotten war with Igor Pokrajac on a Fight Night around 2012/13 that I fucking loved. He was let down by his lack of power and grappling. 

He’ll lose but I’ll be pulling for him to upset Gorman. 

I remember you saying he was probably the closest example of an in-fighter in MMA. Definitely a load of fun to watch; would've liked to see him do better. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, body punching is a little bit more common in MMA now but it’s still underused. Maldonado was one of the best at it and one of the first to be effective with it. 

He had some of the best boxing in the UFC when he was there. And although he never really had that one shot power, he did almost score the comeback of the century when he rocked Glover. And there was this against Fedor as well...

9DA31A3B-9986-4FB3-A029-B5246B05684A.gif

That was a sad fight in many ways. 

Fedor had surrounded himself with a fresh bunch of yes-men and hand-picked Fabio as his opponent. There was also speculation that it was Fedor who called all the shots in relation to the judges, etc. The fight should have arguably been stopped in the first round when Fabio had Fedor in all sorts of trouble. In other organisations, it probably would have been stopped. In the end, the fight was clearly a draw, but the judges gave it to Fedor. One of Fedor's darkest nights (along with the Big-Foot loss). The whole thing should have been beneath him. Fabio was the moral victor and came out of it smelling of roses. 

I have family members who have high hopes for Gorman. He's based only 2 miles from my house. It will be interesting to see how hard Maldonado pushes him . 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

That short little right hand was nasty, bang on the chin (Jim Watt) and Fedor was lunging in, easy to see why Fedor was hurt. The fight was made weirder by that mental guy they had commentating, it was all abit surreal.

• Paid Members

Yeah it was an odd fight all round. 

I don’t even dislike Gorman. He seems a nice enough bloke, although I’ve never really got on board with him being a big prospect but he might well prove me wrong. He’s decent enough but I’m not overly convinced yet. I’d like to see Fabio spring the upset more because I like him than anything against Gorman. But no doubt Gorman will get the W and I suppose at least that keeps this Gorman vs Dubois thing that’s been building alive. 

1552687965788.png

Anyone speak fluent Ferguson?

Genuinely though, I hope everything is alright with him. I haven't looked into it with too much detail but there's been a few things garnering some discussion on Reddit which looks quite unsettling for somebody to be going through. I'd be gutted for him if his personal life got in the way of him doing what he does best.

• Paid Members

i think its been quite apparent for some time that there was something a little off with Ferguson, he's abit of an eccentric and as much as everyone respects and loves him as a fighter he's become a bit of a laughing stock for his behaviour, very strange guy.

I may go back to watch his TUF season to see how he acted there, cant recall off the top of my head.

• Paid Members

You remember that fighter we were all jizzing ourselves over in this thread that was doing fucking moonsaults off the cage and shit? Michel Pereira? 

On 2/25/2019 at 8:34 AM, John Matrix said:

Fuck Anthony Pettis...

https://twitter.com/MikeLovesTacosX/status/1099749839775154176

Bollocks to mobile not embedding!

On 2/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, wandshogun09 said:

That is insane. He’s like a Tekken character. Did he really try a goddamn Lionsault off the fence? 😮

On 2/25/2019 at 7:59 PM, Egg Shen said:

that bloke has popped up on social media a few times over the years, absolute nut. 

If i was a fight promoter id be giving that bloke a job.

Well, the UFC have signed him according to MMAJunkie. 

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/ufc-signs-moonsaulting-mma-fighter-michel-pereira

Edited by wandshogun09