WWE Summerslam 2017

The King of Old School

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sad to see Enzo get such a shite reaction but it seems that's the way he's being booked now. Absolute burial. The dude must have serious heat with someone.

Apparently he's fucked off a good few folk, contributing factors being inviting people backstage without permission, bragging about his merch sales and being a general pain in the arse to deal with.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've stuck up for Reigns' offence before but in a match where Strowman and Lesnar looked like they might kill someone his spear and especially the Superman Punch looked awful. Took the air out of the final strait for me a bit.

Loved the Strowman stretch of the main and the whole match was brilliant. Don't think it quite out does Cena-AJ from the Rumble as a MOTY, but close.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I've stuck up for Reigns' offence before but in a match where Strowman and Lesnar looked like they might kill someone his spear and especially the Superman Punch looked awful. Took the air out of the final strait for me a bit.

I think it generally looks good but have to agree. That spear on Lesnar looked terrible, they both just sort of fell over. When he did the three superman punches in a row, the first one was good, second iffy and last looked rubbish. He didn't look "on" I didn't think but given the booking sheet Strowman is the star and you're going the job, it's maybe not surprising.

I really didn't have a high opinion of the show watching yesterday (without looking at spoilers), it felt like the crowd was cold to almost everything, with the exception of the main event and Nakamura's entrance.

It's time for this Jinder Mahal experiment to go over the top rope. The pre-match video was awesome, his physique is good and he makes good faces. But there is nothing to this act. He has nothing to say on promos, when the match starts it's just totally lifeless no matter who he's in there with, and losing to him makes top guys look like bellends.

Enzo in Brooklyn getting indifference. Never have I seen a more heatless Cena match than with Corbin, who again showed everyone why he had no business in a prominent spot. The Smackdown heel side is atrocious outside of Kevin Owens, and the one guy with some upside, Handsome Rusev, gets the treatment Jinder should have received from Naka.

At least the Raw main event scene is great. Joe carries himself so damn well, but it's time for him to win a big match, else he'll flatline.

Another big fuck off to the fans. The One-Two-Sweet, the beach ball, just the worst kind of toilet lickers.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

(Jinder's) physique is good and he makes good faces.

This is true, but seeing as his act is primarily based on look, it seems an odd time for him to have the shittest haircut of his career.

1 minute ago, Statto said:

This is true, but seeing as his act is primarily based on look, it seems an odd time for him to have the shittest haircut of his career.

I reckon his haircut suits his Indian Royalty 'Maharaja' gimmick to be honest. 

SmackDown is starting to suffer with him on top though. A Bobby Roode debut this would would be nothing short of.. glorious.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Winston said:

SmackDown is starting to suffer with him on top though. A Bobby Roode debut this would would be nothing short of.. glorious.

I'm really surprised that nobody's been called up yet. Please, obviously, but surprised. Before the show I imagined Carmella cashing in against Naomi to have the lights go out, then up to reveal Asuka standing over Carmella out cold with her head stuck in the closed briefcase.

Just watched Summerslam having not watched WWE for a good month or so and thought it was terrible. Same old matches and outcomes. Balor/Nakamura entrances are good if just on PPV but if you see it a hundred times on the TV shows it takes something away from it, having not seen both recently they both came across better on PPV setting. Speaking of entrances what was the Rollins thing about with the Burn It Down thing?

Main Event was brilliant though, the only real decent match on the card (not seen the pre-show) that felt fresh. Agree that Roman looked the weakest of the four though. Both Rosters need freshening up though, its the gimmicks/characters that come across stale now, I love Bray but that was a typical Bray/Balor build up that could of been something good if we hadn't of heard Bray say the same words in every other feud. Owens is still the same old. The shows lack life, I didn't mind Nakamura/Jinder as I hadn't seen them before against each other so at least that was a fresh match up in that respect. 

Poor Summerslam though. 

Rollins' Burn It Down thing was added to his music shortly after the advert for WWE 2K18 was released, where he burns down the WWE Archive building. "Burn it down" and variations of it are also quite common in metal core music, which Rollins is a big fan of.

All of Jinder's one on one PPV matches have had the exact same finish.

That main event saved the show though. Just four big lads throwing eachother about and knocking lumps out of one another.

And good on Cesaro for hopping the barricade and ripping up the beach ball. That match was one of the better ones on the night, had three 'Internet favourites' in it so you'd think the crowd would be into it wouldn't you. But nope, "here comes fun!", they don't deserve anything

The main event of Raw in Orlando afer Mania was Joe & Owens vs Balor & Rollins, but the morons still got the beachball out.  Surely that kind of match is what they want. 

They obviously don't realise you can throw a ball around at the beach for free.  You don't need to pay $100 to get into an arena to do it.   Some morons were thrown out of Raw for it.  Good.

Archived