Top Twitter

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Sadly it turns out the backstory found on Reddit was fake! The guy who performed Hacker has said he just made the line up. Which I like more in a way.

Well I’ve put that story in to circulation and I’m not back peddling now!

Anyone else hoping a viable alternative to Twitter steps up, now that it's destined to become a freeze peach paradise for Daddy Musk?

Are there any established brands that might throw their weight behind such an effort? Google already failed at countering Facebook - might they fancy another half-hearted attempt here?

2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Anyone else hoping a viable alternative to Twitter steps up, now that it's destined to become a freeze peach paradise for Daddy Musk?

Are there any established brands that might throw their weight behind such an effort? Google already failed at countering Facebook - might they fancy another half-hearted attempt here?

I don't think that will happen. We've seen how highly used right-wing "free speech" versions of Twitter were (not very). This would be not much different.

On the upside, Musk's plan to require people to verify that they are, indeed, real people is going to backfire tremendously. Twitter already basically never makes a profit. I'm sure *less* mDAU will help them make more money.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:44 PM, 69MeDon said:

On the upside, Musk's plan to require people to verify that they are, indeed, real people is going to backfire tremendously. Twitter already basically never makes a profit.

I'm not entirely sure how it's going to play out, but I have a feeling he's going to incorporate crypto into the platform, which could assist in the profitability of it. Will be interesting to see what he does.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:04 AM, David said:

I'm not entirely sure how it's going to play out, but I have a feeling he's going to incorporate crypto into the platform, which could assist in the profitability of it. Will be interesting to see what he does.

Any chance you could elaborate on that? Do you mean building in some kind of crypto exchange and then taking a service charge/commision on each transaction?