Movie Trailer Thread

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
Just now, Accident Prone said:

Wow.

It is yet another example of DC not having a fucking clue with what to do with it's properties. If this film had nothing to do with the Joker character I would be all in on this. As it stands I am very conflicted. And will still be there openining night to see for myself. He's clearly 1000% better then Jared Leto though

• Paid Members

Care to expand on your opinion? For me, from the trailer alone, I can say that it's a fantastic interpretation of pre-'heel turn' Joker. They're taking hints from a lot of source material here and I'm really digging the vibe and casting.  

Edited by Accident Prone

It is yet another example of DC not having a fucking clue with what to do with it's properties.

Seriously? This is exactly what DC should be doing. Fuck having a connected Universe. Do it like comics and have all different sorts of stories. Much better than just going AND NEXT....CYBORG FILM! Marvel have that cornered with their style, do something different.

Also, fuck any negativity after that trailer. That is stunning.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Seriously? This is exactly what DC should be doing. Fuck having a connected Universe. Do it like comics and have all different sorts of stories. Much better than just going AND NEXT....CYBORG FILM! Marvel have that cornered with their style, do something different.

Also, fuck any negativity after that trailer. That is stunning.

How does this Joker connect to Suicide Squad? If they make that new Batman film (which is matter of when really, not if), what Joker are they going to use? This is set in the early 80's right, so same kind of time as Jack Nicholsons. But totally different character this time. I just think if this film had nothing to do with a famous comic book character, I would be more interested. I think it looks good, and it gives me a similar vibe to You Were Never Really Here. But I just don't see the appeal of this being another Comic Book film of a character with have seen portrayed so many other times. Also @Accident Prone, the casting and vibe I have no issues with. I just don't think it's a character we needed to see an origin film of. You seen the trailer for Brightburn? It is about a character similar to Superman, but is not him. Why couldn't this film have done something similar?

I mean look, @Devon Malcolm is already complaning about it being in here. YET, I guarantee he would be eager to watch this if it wasn't a DC film.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean look, @Devon Malcolm is already complaning about it being in here. YET, I guarantee he would be eager to watch this if it wasn't a DC film.

I'm complaining because there was a superhero and comic book thread set up so that people who are sick to fucking death of superhero films don't have to read about them.

Why are you guaranteeing anything? I was unaware you had a dossier on my film tastes.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm complaining because there was a superhero and comic book thread set up so that people who are sick to fucking death of superhero films don't have to read about them.

Why are you guaranteeing anything? I was unaware you had a dossier on my film tastes.

I am not ready to publicly share said dossier at this time. However, based on your love of more arty films, and outspoken distain at superhero/comic book films, I would have been certain this would have been a film right up your ally until knowing it was a comic book film.

How does this Joker connect to Suicide Squad? If they make that new Batman film (which is matter of when really, not if), what Joker are they going to use?

This is totally outside of the DCEU. The new Batman movie is also totally outside of that. They're going with singular films.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Factotum said:

This is totally outside of the DCEU. The new Batman movie is also totally outside of that. They're going with singular films.

I guess DC just need to really make their mind up with what they are doing. I mean we have a Suicide Squad spin off with Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey, and then we have another Suicide Squad which maybe another reboot. It just seems like after every film they make they change how they proceed with the next lot and a shared/singular movie universe.

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Please go away.

I actually was not trying to be sarcastic or condersending at all. You do have, based on your comments here a more varied and interesting taste in films. If anything I was trying to pay you a compliment. I'd rather just be able to talk to everyone here in the same way. Sorry for engaging.

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

more arty films

31 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

not trying to be sarcastic or condersending

Does not compute. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

Does not compute. 

I am slightly dyslexic and about waiting on confimation of being Autistic. If there is one thing I have learnt here over the years, it is that explaning myself or my opinions is not something I am as successful at doing as I would have believed

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am slightly dyslexic and about waiting on confimation of being Autistic. If there is one thing I have learnt here over the years, it is that explaning myself or my opinions is not something I am as successful at doing as I would have believed

Then, perchance, think before type. Read it back. 

• Paid Members

They've sacked off the DCEU haven't they? None of the films are connected anymore, hence why the Flash has been canned and they're rebooting Suicide Squad with Idris Elba as Will Smith.