The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Just caught up with this and sorry if already mentioned, but it's not Renee's "Ohhhhh!" that annoys me, it's her only other line - "Unbelievable!" Around three times per match, I think. Is she like that on Raw too? I just skim through those shows.

I kept hearing "WHAT???" for anything even slightly athletic or risky.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 10/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, air_raid said:

I'm going to have to start muting Cole.

9jX9F.gif

THIS IS A JACKNIFE PIN.

You’ll be pleased to hear that during the main event of Raw this week he refers to the manoeuvre above as a “bridge pin”.

Solid show this week I thought. 
Zeuxis looked a lot better than her first round match but then she was in there with Io who continues to look a notch above almost everyone else.
Mia - Kaitlyn was much better than I thought it would be to be honest.

So that means : Mia v Toni Storm, Io v Deonna, Meiko v Lacey Lane, Rhea v Tegan Knox.
I'm going with Toni v Meiko [nobody thinks Satomoura's jobbing to Lacey do they?] and Io v Knox. Could be Io v Rhea [obviously] but am thinking they might have Rhea lose and attack Tegan afterwards or something. 

Either way some really good potential matches coming up.

• Paid Members

Kaitlyn going for the bad hand was excellent. Never dreamed in 2018 I'd see a reminder of the post-Trish pre-NXT "shit Divas" era like Kaitlyn contest a great "work the body part" storytelling match like that. At least the submission finish wasn't murdered by Cole, whose fuckawful nuances killed nearfalls off both their pinfall finishers.

Good wrestling show this week. Cole is making me get very close to watching on mute which I've never seriously entertained as I don't think wrestling works without sound but my blood pressure gets so high listening to him.....

Considering Tegan has injured herself again, I really hope they let Rhea just murder her and put her on the shelf.  It'd give Rhea a ton of heat and a potential return feud for Tegan if she'll be out for a while.

Disappointed Kaitlyn got knocked out, I think she's been marvellous and is filthy hot nowadays.  She would be great on the main roster in a Mickie James type role.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Loki said:

Bit spoilery

I'd bang this in spoiler tags mate. Some MYC viewers might not know this. They'll find out pretty soon. Like, when that match airs.

Nicole Matthews looked fairly terrible throughout, I thought, which was sad for such a 'veteran'. I was particularly unimpressed with the rearrangement of her gear after taking Tegan's finish. Surely, if you can stop your tit from spilling out, you can kick out of a three?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, ThumpSquids said:

Surely, if you can stop your tit from spilling out, you can kick out of a three?

There are degrees to which I'd really rather wrestlers try and maintain the facade of "it's real" but not preserving their dignity isn't one of them.

WELL, in that sense, anyway.

Are they turning Io Shirai heel?

Counting along with the referee in the corner, mocking her opponents being hurt, beeming when she’s got someone in the crossface, she keeps botching the moonsault but I expect her to get it right shortly, she’s working in a larger ring and the whole tournament was taped over 2 days so there was no time for improvement.

Watched this episode with commentary this week, I see Renee is still ohhhing every 10 seconds.

Also not a fan of Rhea Ripley, trying her hardest to be a Pete Dunne ripoff 

• Paid Members

I’m only just done with the first round of the Mae Young Classic. When Io started climbing the turnbuckles in the last bout against Xia I thought she was too far away for a Moonsault, then proves me right in dropping both knees into Xia’s abdomen. She’s done that again to someone else?

19 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’m only just done with the first round of the Mae Young Classic. When Io started climbing the turnbuckles in the last bout against Xia I thought she was too far away for a Moonsault, then proves me right in dropping both knees into Xia’s abdomen. She’s done that again to someone else?

Nah she just overshot it on the last 2 occasions.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Imagine if it were Brie Bella botching that move twice instead... 🤔

Pretty sure Tegan would have beaten Ripley had she not been injured.
Have just seen her post online and it's incredible she even stood up afterwards, let alone carried on as long as she did - she said her injuries were a dislocated kneecap, torn MCL and LCL, complete ACL tear and both meniscus, bone contusions and a fracture on her left tibia or, in her words, '.. basically my knee exploded'. 

Apart from that is was an enjoyable episode this week and Toni v Meiko should be all kinds of good.

I'm going with Io v Toni for the final and possible Toni for the whole thing.

Archived