General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Of course, one of the advantages of sharing a football topic with the jocks is that it doesn't look too much like trolling when The Rangers get turfed out of Europe by a bunch of Luxembourg part-timers and I post an appropriate reaction gif, something along the lines of:-

giphy.gif

Puts it perfectly. How the fuck did they manage that? I know Celtic lost some bad games in Europe last season but at least won on aggregate. Then again what do you expect when your main goalscorer is 38.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

All about Connahs Quay Nomads tomorrow. What a result they had last week.After Druids the other season I think there's something about bang average teams from Wales playing the FInnish.

As regards TNS, the loss of Craig Harrison, and ESPECIALLY Darlington in the back room will hurt them. Under the coaches of coaches (literally, to those who don't know much about FA Coaching scheme leaders) they'd have pissed it. Still. Got further than Rangers.

I thought TNS looked clueless last night even though they won 3-1. Europa were down to 9 men for most of the 2nd half and looked dead on their feet, but not a single clear cut chance was created until extra time really. 

Think it will be much tighter this year due to, as you said, an inexperienced management team and Bangor, CQN etc catching up. Its about time someone did.

Still remember Druids' draw against Mypa costing my mate £300 in a bet 😂

• Paid Members

I got a £20 ticket for friendlies against Inter and PSV in the past. This was early 2000s though. Shit, I remember when you could queue up at the ticket office on the day of a league match and get a ticket. Good luck with that Now!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I got a £20 ticket for friendlies against Inter and PSV in the past. This was early 2000s though. Shit, I remember when you could queue up at the ticket office on the day of a league match and get a ticket. Good luck with that Now!

Just support a team who's owner has destroyed the fan/club relationship. I bought tickets for several Premier League games from a machine in the ground before KO last season.

• Paid Members

Regarding owners who fuck up a club and fans relationship, In my younger years my local 'bigger' club was Darlington. It was heartbreaking to see what happened at the hands of George the safe cracker. Absolutely destroyed the club. It's nice to see that they are working their way slowly but surely back up to football league standards. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Regarding owners who fuck up a club and fans relationship, In my younger years my local 'bigger' club was Darlington. It was heartbreaking to see what happened at the hands of George the safe cracker. Absolutely destroyed the club. It's nice to see that they are working their way slowly but surely back up to football league standards. 

As a now Hereford FC fan I can only agree on all this. One more season and we'll be back on football manager though. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

That was a case of a massive cockwomble having a bigger ego. Absolutely criminal. Which is what he was.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That was a case of a massive cockwomble having a bigger ego. Absolutely criminal. Which is what he was.

My favourite story is about him scrapping the feethams ground and building the George Reynolds arena which is basically a stadium... for Darlington.

His vision was to build it so he could book Simply Red and other live concerts, however he hadn't bothered to check with planning permission, or any noise legislation in regards to the proximity of nearby housing. Towards completion of the build the council caught wind of his plans and said "no, not happening George, you idiot"... which ultimately led to other financial fuckery and the demise of the club.

For anyone unaware, it's a little bit like what happened to Leeds in regards to finance and subsequent penalties, but with a bloke who cracked safes for the Krays in charge.

• Paid Members

No posts about Lacazette. Have the Arse fans died of shock?

This and Man U's transfer business the last two years have made a mockery of that "Must get in the Champions League to buy big names" myth.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

No posts about Lacazette. Have the Arse fans died of shock?

It's been such a given for days now that there isn't much more to be said. I'd switched his team in FIFA a week or so ago.

But yeah, another mythbuster to this 'must have Champions League' theory (also players that move to China), especially as Lacazette allegedly said late last season that he'd only move to a team in CL.

Very happy with this signing. I realised earlier this week that this is probably the biggest striker signing we've made in a very long time- certainly in terms of being a prolific goalscorer at a decent level. The biggest since at least Davor Suker, although he was in his thirties when we signed him.

39 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It's been such a given for days now that there isn't much more to be said. I'd switched his team in FIFA a week or so ago.

But yeah, another mythbuster to this 'must have Champions League' theory (also players that move to China), especially as Lacazette allegedly said late last season that he'd only move to a team in CL.

Very happy with this signing. I realised earlier this week that this is probably the biggest striker signing we've made in a very long time- certainly in terms of being a prolific goalscorer at a decent level. The biggest since at least Davor Suker, although he was in his thirties when we signed him.

That Arsenal team with Suker in it was unbelievable on Championship Manager. 

I don't trust prolific French strikers from the French league. Cisse joining Liverpool in 04/05 and me bigging him up cos he was great on Football Manager and had a cracking record at Auxerre being my reason.

• Paid Members

@Mr_DangerNow you mention it, the squad that season was probably the greatest ever Arsenal side on paper. You had the 90s defence, Seaman, Petit & Overmars hadn't moved to Barca yet, Kanu in his prime, Sylvinho, Suker for that season and most of the Invincibles.

Archived