General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, garynysmon said:

Call me incredibly naive here, but isn't it terrible economics to be spending £20m or so on a player who's out of contract in the summer?

I know all financial logic has already left football, and clubs seem to be much more willing to pay millions for players well into their 30's for the short term gain they bring. But with the title race already tied up, I fail to see what difference waiting until the close season will make?

From what I've read, the potential £20/30M will probably just end up going to Sanchez and his agent, if they were to sign him in the summer, anyway. Obviously Sanchez will get a tasty signing bonus in January, but it's not really a "free" when you factor in that £20/30M going straight to the player and his agent.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Obviously Sanchez would be great.. but a pacy right sided attacking winger is what we are crying out for. Surprised United haven't gone for Mahrez. He wouldn't be too pricey either considering the market.

Mahrez is the type of player Mourinho would have given about 6 substitute appearances to at Chelsea before he goes to Italy on loan after a £40m transfer. 

The massively over paying for Sanchez now is just a means to gazump rivals who will have a clear run at him in the Summer. I don't really see what Sanchez has to gain though.

• Paid Members

That was a proper rancid Arsenal performance. You look at the line-up though, and I can't recall a Premier League Arsenal team being more devoid of quality apart from perhaps that time they got hit for 8 against United. Threadbare in the extreme with no Sanchez and Ozil. No one is bricking themselves lining up against the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck.  

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Wish I stuck more than £1.25 on Liverpool to win 4-3. 

Fingers crossed this is a prequel to your next post being, "Briefcase Out!"

• Members
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

Wish I stuck more than £1.25 on Liverpool to win 4-3. 

Get yourself over to the Paedophile Hunter thread then...

Regarding yesterday, Spurs were superb. Everton were toothless, but we absolutely tore them apart. Good stuff, pleased for you @Monkee

Alexis Sanchez....it all brings it home to how we were when we were young, and how much players meant to us that I had my 8 year old little gooner in near tears today when she found out he was leaving. Bless her. Just how I was when Gazza went to Lazio.

Archived