General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That makes it 6 club games in a row without a win for the great central midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Still Liverpool fans can have hope- Gareth Bale couldn't win a game with Spurs for about a year when he first joined.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Big Ed Woodward has said Amazon and Facebook are probably going to be joining the bidding for the next round of PL rights, which opens at the end of the year. ££££££££££££ + ££££££££££

Amazon are apparently hitting the reset button on their streaming service. They were/are spending a fortune on original content, but it's yet to produce a big hit for them (both critically and commercially) - they received little in the way of Emmy noms, where as Netflix were all over it.

Obviously, both companies have so much cash that both Sky and BT must have a bit of sweat on over the news.

2 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Big Ed Woodward has said Amazon and Facebook are probably going to be joining the bidding for the next round of PL rights, which opens at the end of the year. ££££££££££££ + ££££££££££

Amazon are apparently hitting the reset button on their streaming service. They were/are spending a fortune on original content, but it's yet to produce a big hit for them (both critically and commercially) - they received little in the way of Emmy noms, where as Netflix were all over it.

Obviously, both companies have so much cash that both Sky and BT must have a bit of sweat on over the news.

I wonder if Amazon were to win would they show the games like the US do on NBC where you can watch every 3pm kickoff, doubt the FA would be happy about that though

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I wonder if Amazon were to win would they show the games like the US do on NBC where you can watch every 3pm kickoff, doubt the FA would be happy about that though

No chance, they aren't permitted to do that over here.

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

No chance, they aren't permitted to do that over here.

Let's say a Mr Heath Kouchen watches Amazon via a DNS thingy and gets US Amazon, could he watch the 3pms if they were showing?  Obviously this is all what ifs.  Although, I do wonder if this has anything to do with Murdoch essentially taking his ball and fucking off if his merger gets knocked back.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Let's say a Mr Heath Kouchen watches Amazon via a DNS thingy and gets US Amazon, could he watch the 3pms if they were showing?  Obviously this is all what ifs.  Although, I do wonder if this has anything to do with Murdoch essentially taking his ball and fucking off if his merger gets knocked back.

That's if Amazon get the US rights, which is a completely different matter. NBC have them at the moment.

I hope Facebook don't get the rights. Or they do, pay over the top and go down the shitter. I can't stand fucking Facebook these days. My friend said yesterday that if Facebook made a phone (!), it would be the biggest selling phone ever. I told him to shut up and stop being a daft prick.

• Paid Members

This could have more legs than I originally gave when I heard it mentioned before, as I just turned on my Amazon Firestick and I noticed they already have live NFL Thursday Night Football for this season for Prine members. 

I would be happy enough if Netflix or Amazon got in the game to compete with the TV companies, but I hope Facebook can't put a deal together. 

Archived