The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

38 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, some of you may know that I am leaving my sales job at the end of the month. Guy at work is one of those who seems convinced that McGregor is winning, and early. I have disagreed. He has offered a bet. Winner gets the others commission at the end of the month  (about 400 quid.)

I feel like I'd be a fool not to take him up on this but I need you guys to push me over the line. 

You would have to place a bet of 312 quid on Mayweather to win 400. This is at the current best odds I can find of 2/7 Quite frankly that's just free money, as much as myself and many other on here would love to see McGregor win, the chances are really minimal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, some of you may know that I am leaving my sales job at the end of the month. Guy at work is one of those who seems convinced that McGregor is winning, and early. I have disagreed. He has offered a bet. Winner gets the others commission at the end of the month  (about 400 quid.)

I feel like I'd be a fool not to take him up on this but I need you guys to push me over the line. 

I'm not a betting man. A walk on the wild side for me is an each way bet on the Grand National. 

Having said that, if you took that bet, I would estimate that you have at least a 90% chance of winning it. Your call. 

Theres an interview with Bisping saying that someone he knows who trains at Mayweathers gym is saying he isnt traing hard.

Next week Mayweather is doing signings down his strip club for fans all week on fight week, that isnt good even if it is an angle. I know its fight week and they dont spar or really train alot but but that will take focus of the fight.

Floyd generally lives Vegas time tho, so he coukd probably be down the strip club early and still have a light work out anyway.

Fight week throws all logical thoughts out the window.

32 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Bullshit Floyd isn't training hard. That's just the narrative he wants out there.

Exactly.  There is a reason he is talked about as the P4P GOAT (great name for a metal band, that), he's no slouch.

Spurs, take the bet, snap the hand off of him.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Bullshit Floyd isn't training hard. That's just the narrative he wants out there.

Exactly. The same way he's been saying he's gonna to stand and trade with McGregor. He's most likely putting this stuff out there so people will think McGregor might have a better chance and buy the fight. There's no doubt Floyd is fully expecting to walk this but there's no way he's going to slack off in training and risk his whole legacy against an MMA fighting 0-0 boxer. Not a chance. Floyd's been a gym rat pretty much since he was able to walk. Why would he get lazy now with one camp to go? And even if he was initially, once McGregor started ripping him on the press tour and he had no comeback, that's something that would've lit a match under Floyd to put the graft in in the gym. He's got too much ego to risk losing what should be a gimme win #50. 

9 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

You would have to place a bet of 312 quid on Mayweather to win 400. This is at the current best odds I can find of 2/7 Quite frankly that's just free money, as much as myself and many other on here would love to see McGregor win, the chances are really minimal.

He'd get a return of 400 from a 312 stake, he wouldn't WIN 400, assuming that it's one guys 400 against the other guys 400 (so 1/1) to get a profit of 400 you'd need a stake of £1600 (at odds of 1/4 which is what it is on bet365 - it's the one I've got open already and it's 5.30am and I can't be bothered opening another bookies site) putting it like that take the bet!

On 18/08/2017 at 7:09 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Assuming you trust him to pay up, take the bet and lay it off (make the opposite bet) on betfair or somewhere similar, and you can guarantee yourself a tidy profit. 

• Moderators

If dogshit was in a ring it's this fight. Some Irish bloke in Kickboxing shorts doing weird things with his elbows, great at what he does, but he doesn't do what his opponent does. It's like watching a Triathlete run against Wilson Kipketer, or cycle against Chris Hoy, or swim against Richard Fairbrass.

Turns out there's  spoiler of what'll happen online already.

But honestly, it's dogshit, all of it. People saying that Conor Mcgregor will be the most famous person in the world, fact is he's not as watched, and never will be in real numbers of eyes on screen in this country as fucking Nicky Piper or Henry Wharton was of a Saturday Night in 1995 on ITV. And Mayweather's a knob as well.

"Biggest fight of all time"

Biggest joke. Old Joe Bugner be thy name. I see my arse with MMA, "selling fights". Keep sport sport. Wanna act like a wrestler, be one.

Archived