The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Yeah, that video has been out there for ages. I think it's poor form CVH releasing his cut of it, though. Again, reeks of some bitter fool, even if it is accurate.

Apparently he only released the full version because there was a version of it released that was edited to make mcGregor look good and CVH look like a chump.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, David said:

Apparently he only released the full version because there was a version of it released that was edited to make mcGregor look good and CVH look like a chump.

He would have done that last year if that was his reasoning. But he did it last week for attention.

And FYI, his version is also heavily edited. That said, I'd say his version is probably how 80-90% of the sparring went. But that's to be expected. McGregor is getting embarrassed against Floyd.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Noah Southworth said:

The only thing GAD should be all over is a wide area.

I can see BT making a push to get this because it will be a huge event and scoring it should get them tons of new viewers.

Whilst you maybe right regarding BT, they wont have it as a standard part of their package. It will be PPV so wont really influence their new viewing figures.

1 minute ago, lambyUK said:

Whilst you maybe right regarding BT, they wont have it as a standard part of their package. It will be PPV so wont really influence their new viewing figures.

It will if they bundle a few free months of BT along with it and hope to snag new viewers off of that.

1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

He would have done that last year if that was his reasoning. But he did it last week for attention.

And FYI, his version is also heavily edited. That said, I'd say his version is probably how 80-90% of the sparring went. But that's to be expected. McGregor is getting embarrassed against Floyd.

Hasn't that video been doing the rounds for longer than that? I watched it on YouTube ages ago?

35 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Yeah he released it last year for the reasons you mentioned. It's only resurfaced again now because of the Mayweather fight.

Yeah, no doubt it'll be shown more than a few times between now and the fight.

I'd like to think that since that was filmed last year that McG has improved a bit more. Don't expect him to do much, but if he can at least be competitive he can consider it a victory of sorts.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, no doubt it'll be shown more than a few times between now and the fight.

I'd like to think that since that was filmed last year that McG has improved a bit more. Don't expect him to do much, but if he can at least be competitive he can consider it a victory of sorts.

If anything, that clip has shown me the chasmic difference between McGregor's boxing vs a pro. Of course he's improved in a year, but it's not enough by a long shot.

McGregor going the distance with Mayweather will be the best he can hope for, and I'd bet against that happening even though Mayweather doesn't finish much. McGregor will gas in the 5th or 6th.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's Rocky all over. "All I wanna do is go the distance." Only difference is instead of lying in a dirty bed, in a grotty bedsit, with nerdy Adrian he'll be lying on silk sheets, in the Mac Mansion with sexy Dee Devlin.  

OK, it's quite a bit different. But still, going the distance is about the best we can hope for. No doubt McGregor thinks he's KOing Floyd dead. He's got that type of confidence/insanity. But realistically, surviving the 12 rounds will be a victory in itself. 

And seriously, if he can last the full 12 that doesn't look too good if you're Mayweather, does it? Even accounting for his age and stuff, he should be putting a 0-0 opponent away relatively comfortably. The pressure is on Floyd here. 

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah it's Rocky all over. "All I wanna do is go the distance." Only difference is instead of lying in a dirty bed, in a grotty bedsit, with nerdy Adrian he'll be lying on silk sheets, in the Mac Mansion with sexy Dee Devlin.  

OK, it's quite a bit different. But still, going the distance is about the best we can hope for. No doubt McGregor thinks he's KOing Floyd dead. He's got that type of confidence/insanity. But realistically, surviving the 12 rounds will be a victory in itself. 

And seriously, if he can last the full 12 that doesn't look too good if you're Mayweather, does it? Even accounting for his age and stuff, he should be putting a 0-0 opponent away relatively comfortably. The pressure is on Floyd here. 

One thing that I like to think is happening is that while Mayweather is doing his "Mayweather challenge" shite and all that, McGregor will be filmed punching the shit out of cow carcasses in Dublin, and Floyd's old man will see it on TV, remarking "you wanna see this boy you're fighting on TV. Looks like he means business"

That isn't happening of course, but in my mind it is. Right down to Floyd sitting at the table in the beige and brown shirt and waistcoat that Creed was wearing.

Archived