Incredibly obscure cartoons

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

I came across this bollocks.

https://youtu.be/y56wNKHwejg

An Italian cartoon called The Frutties that was on Cartoon Network at a hideous time in the morning. CN sunrise schedule was a haven for random shit. I remember them all. Omar & The Starchild, Ivanhoe, Blinky Bill, Tabaluga. Does anyone has any memory of these. I feel like the only one.

There was also a show that was set on some pirate ship in space or something. I'm sure I'm not imagining that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

https://youtu.be/y56wNKHwejg

An Italian cartoon called The Frutties that was on Cartoon Network at a hideous time in the morning. CN sunrise schedule was a haven for random shit. I remember them all. Omar & The Starchild, Ivanhoe, Blinky Bill, Tabaluga. Does anyone has any memory of these. I feel like the only one.

There was also a show that was set on some pirate ship in space or something. I'm sure I'm not imagining that.

Do you mean Space Pirate Captain Harlock? I couldn't give two shits about anime, but I'm obsessed with all of Leiji Masumoto's "cartoons set in space on incongruous vessels". 

• Paid Members

Do you mean Space Pirate Captain Harlock? I couldn't give two shits about anime, but I'm obsessed with all of Leiji Masumoto's "cartoons set in space on incongruous vessels".
I don't think it was, the one I remember was a dubbed foreign show.

Never knew Blinky Bill was on the beeb Butch.

The real Omar & the Starchild was much more disappointing than Millards awesome idea.

• Paid Members

Who was that little French cunt who turned up at 5.30am on a Sunday morning? Was all over the French textbooks as well...may have had an intergalactic feel to it. Or I might have made this all up...

Is this not Omar haha. It's a french show.

Who was that little French cunt who turned up at 5.30am on a Sunday morning? Was all over the French textbooks as well...may have had an intergalactic feel to it. Or I might have made this all up...

Is this not Omar haha. It's a french show.
I don't think so by looking at pictures. I feel like it's more something that was shown to us in French class on a video, but can definitely remember it on Channel 4 too. The character had a name like Bloop or Floonk or something like that.

Fuck knows, but I'm down the Sunday night YouTube rabbit hole now, just watching some Babar...

Archived