Incredibly obscure cartoons

WWFChilli

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I haven't had at least two coffees on a work day, don't even talk to me

Also... The Raccoons?! Fucking hell, what's next, the Jetsons? It's more obscure than the Flintstones, so why not? And there's no such cartoon as Orson's Farm, it's a segment of Garfield and Friends, as far as I know. I need a coffee.

Raccoons isn't something which immediately comes to mind when you think of 80s/90s cartoons (TMNT, Ghosbusters, Garfield & Friends et al) & it doesn't really get mentioned on 80s TV 'member TV shows. Surprised it's so well remembered on here, but maybe because it was on BBC1. Although its #4 on this list:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/15-cartoons-from-the-80s-you-probably-forgot-existed?utm_term=.rbvjm5kOx#.ogLpvGw8j

I got mixed up with Orsons farm, it was actually Ox Tales (Geragera BÅ«su Monogatari). The superhero mouse cartoon I mentioned is actually a rat called "Ratfink" which is an old 60s cartoon. I guess Channel 4 got that and Mr Rossi on the cheap.

• Paid Members

Come on, that list has some more obscure stuff on it, but as well as disqualifying itself with The Raccoons, it has Bravestarr on it too.  I was surprised not to see Dungeons and Dragons on there.

I'm getting lots of these clickbait things on Facebook right now — "You won't believe how many people can't name any of these 80s shows from a single picture!!!". And the first picture of the last one I saw was The Golden Girls. Fuck's sake, I thought it was the Raccooooooons! I've put my job right on the line, my wife's gonna kill me!

Raccoons isn't something which immediately comes to mind when you think of 80s/90s cartoons

Yes it is. Easily one of the first three I'd name. Spiral Zone, on the other hand. My nan got a VHS of it from some boot fair. Was it ever even shown on UK TV?

Raccoons, while a decent cartoon in its own right, is etched in immortality by virtue of its closing credits. That's all you really needed with most kids' shows in the '80s and early '90s: a good theme tune. Everything in between was just padding of varying quality.

Raccoons, while a decent cartoon in its own right, is etched in immortality by virtue of its closing credits. That's all you really needed with most kids' shows in the '80s and early '90s: a good theme tune. Everything in between was just padding of varying quality.

Opening credits surely. This.... Is evergreen forest.

Opening credits surely. This.... Is evergreen forest.

The opening credits was mostly talking. The ending credits was the epic Run With Us, which even warranted its own music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFKNRB2z8

Also... The Raccoons?! Fucking hell, what's next, the Jetsons? It's more obscure than the Flintstones, so why not? And there's no such cartoon as Orson's Farm, it's a segment of Garfield and Friends, as far as I know. I need a coffee.

Raccoons isn't something which immediately comes to mind when you think of 80s/90s cartoons (TMNT, Ghosbusters, Garfield & Friends et al) & it doesn't really get mentioned on 80s TV 'member TV shows. Surprised it's so well remembered on here, but maybe because it was on BBC1. Although its #4 on this list:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/15-cartoons-from-the-80s-you-probably-forgot-existed?utm_term=.rbvjm5kOx#.ogLpvGw8j

I got mixed up with Orsons farm, it was actually Ox Tales (Geragera BÅ«su Monogatari). The superhero mouse cartoon I mentioned is actually a rat called "Ratfink" which is an old 60s cartoon. I guess Channel 4 got that and Mr Rossi on the cheap.

Its Batfink you are thinking of, with wings like shields of steel and his sidekick Karate

• Paid Members

Samurai Pizza Cats. Nobody (apart from Surf) seems to remember this show but it was ace, properly mental stuff. None of the episodes made any sense as I believe there was no English translation for any of the scripts when it came over so they just re-scripted everything based roughly on what was going on in the visuals.

Add me to the list of Samurai Pizza Cats fans, I remember this being on Sky (Fox Kids, was it?) and loved it back in the day. Pizza shop owners by day.......samurais that got fired out of their gun shaped pizzeria by night, or something hah.

Ppft Fox Kids. That was around 97/8. I member ITV showing it. 1992 ish on, I think, What's Up Doc.

Obscure cartoon. Anyone member Mr Bogus, The Incredible Crash Dummies or the original X-Men cartoon which was a one of pilot from 1989. It was what the X-Men arcade game was based on

• Paid Members

Its Batfink you are thinking of, with wings like shields of steel and his sidekick Karate

while your right, I think, Ratfink was also a thing

Archived