Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Spending my Saturday night post-MOTD listening to WWE songs on Spotify (where did it all go so right?)

I've always been intrigued by the production of WWF/E theme songs. All of their Attitude era themes (and starting in New Gen) have these signature cymbals. Ken Shamrock's theme is a great example of it. They're everywhere. Also, why does Hard Times sound so poorly produced? There's probably others 80s themes too but that one in particular springs to mind (there he goes again, having a go at 80s music again).

Does anyone else take much of an interest in the music side of WWE?

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Does anyone else take much of an interest in the music side of WWE?

Yes, to the point I used it as the basis for the business element of my music degree. I was obsessed with Jim and buzzed whenever he made an appearance on tv.

I have this romanticised vision of Jim looking on in fear with his portable 8-track when the CFO$ boys turned up with their mobile pro tools studio. The idea that they have a full rig set up, fully miced up drum kit, in a sound proof studio, while Jim sits in that chair from beyond the mat, bashing away on a 6 pad drum machine, that cymbal crash and tom fill being his signature move.

512B660F-1CCF-4561-B767-3D6213462A45.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Man, I hope you're right. With a bit of luck he'll just keep pounding the nail home about how big a family man is until it gets completely overbearing, and he comes across as self-righteous about how family oriented he is, and it helps keep him heel and add a new dimension to him. I hope he isn't going to be a face but if he is turning then I guess it's to do with his reality TV show he has going on.

• Paid Members

Don't think there's any danger of a face turn for Miz. The lad's a born baddie. As Al said, I think they're leaning towards the overbearing, dad-of-the-year type of thing with him and I think that'll just add another dimension to his character.

Looks as though they are fazing out Bo/Axel as his lackeys though which probably makes sense as by now they've served their purpose. I'd actually get Titus in on this, who I think was actually named a dad-of-the-year or something similar and he can be his new bodyguard and together they can preach the virtues of fatherhood, how they're better parents than us because of x, y, z, you get the picture. 

What will be interesting to see is how he gets portrayed on his own reality show when that hits the air. Quite keen to see how he comes across in 'real' life as it were (though it'll be heavily staged). If he comes across as a good bloke through that he might get more cheers and then perhaps they'll be forced to look into alternatives with him, on the other hand it might even make him even more disliked. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

My next door neighbour, long-time fan and MC John Short, popped by today and saw my office for the first time. I'm standing there thinking "Yeah, look impressed with my massive collection of rare wrestling ephemera."

Then he casually pipes up that he's got George Hackenschmidt's autograph.

• Paid Members

I was told that my 8-year-old niece went to Kidzania (cross between theme park and work experience) today. She chose to be a journalist, which made me proud.

Then I was told she'd written about WWE, which made me proud.

And then I read her piece. And I know there's a 99% chance she just made a bizarre factual error, but there's a 1% chance she's doing the type of biting satire that would make me even prouder.

received_10156258020464110.jpeg

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, JNLister said:

I was told that my 8-year-old niece went to Kidzania (cross between theme park and work experience) today. She chose to be a journalist, which made me proud.

Then I was told she'd written about WWE, which made me proud.

And then I read her piece. And I know there's a 99% chance she just made a bizarre factual error, but there's a 1% chance she's doing the type of biting satire that would make me even prouder.

That's tremendous. 

1 hour ago, PSF said:

The intro to the old mid nineties wreatlemania song has always annoyed me. Why the hell do they say "welcome to the Survivor Series" at the start? 

They don't, the line is 'I said, Are You Ready...(ready) For The Survivor Series' as for why, you'd have to ask Mike Stock or Pete Waterman that as they wrote it