Paid Members WeeAl Posted May 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2018 I've never watched any of WrestleMania 4. Every time I thought about doing it, I remembered the terrible reviews it had so I thought 'nah, I'll watch something else.' Recently I've listened to the episodes of Wrestle Me and Something To Wrestle, that have been based on 'Mania 4, and now I'm morbidly curious. Should I be thankful that I've been lucky enough to avoid it and continue to stay well clear? Or should I give it a viewing for any possible shits and giggles that I could get from watching it?
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted May 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2018 I've not seen it for years other than the main event which I've seen a load of times. I don't recall there being a lot of shits and giggles. It's just interminably dull and booked appallingly.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2018 44 minutes ago, WeeAl said: I've never watched any of WrestleMania 4. Every time I thought about doing it, I remembered the terrible reviews it had so I thought 'nah, I'll watch something else.' Recently I've listened to the episodes of Wrestle Me and Something To Wrestle, that have been based on 'Mania 4, and now I'm morbidly curious. Should I be thankful that I've been lucky enough to avoid it and continue to stay well clear? Or should I give it a viewing for any possible shits and giggles that I could get from watching it? Have it as background watching. So put it on while you're doing something else, then you can poke your head up when DiBiase, Macho, Eucker, Trump or Andre appear. Otherwise it's pretty boring.
DavidParis Posted May 2, 2018 Posted May 2, 2018 I guess this post constituted a plug which wasn't my intention. My bad.
Merzbow Posted May 3, 2018 Posted May 3, 2018 The best thing ECW ever did was the "Desperado" video for Terry Funk.
Sheffbag Posted May 3, 2018 Posted May 3, 2018 3 hours ago, Merzbow said: The best thing ECW ever did was the "Desperado" video for Terry Funk. Desperado This one?
Simpo Posted May 12, 2018 Posted May 12, 2018 Pete Dunne is good value on Twitter. Carries himself with the kind of attitude you'd hope!
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted May 12, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2018 "Wrestlemania 4" is a decent enough PPV. If you watch 5, you must watch 4 though. It's like those two are stuffed together in one huge PPV IMO.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted May 12, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2018 4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said: "Wrestlemania 4" is a decent enough PPV You fucking liar.
Merzbow Posted May 12, 2018 Posted May 12, 2018 I've only just realised why Balls Mahoney and Chilly Willy tagged together.. Balls and Willy.
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted May 15, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 15, 2018 In order to get the most out of the Network, myself, Ebb and a few mates have created something we call 'Not Booked Club'. Basically a book club for watching Wrestling over WhatsApp messenger. We pick an event, set a deadline date to watch, make a few notes/observations as to what we liked or disliked then talk about it via WhatsApp in our wrestling group. We've done a few WWE PPV's and have now decided to go through the 83 weeks that Nitro beat Raw. I've only watched 2 episodes so far (38 and 39) and it's the complete polar opposite of today's Raw. The matches are largely crap (Although there was a sweet Booker T/Scott Steiner match on 39) and everything in between seems to be random, erratic and full of chaos. The type of stuff that would give Vince a heart attack just thinking about. However, it's just such a fun watch and I'm really enjoying it. I kinda wish things were still like this.
The Dart Posted May 18, 2018 Posted May 18, 2018 I read this in a comments section earier. "I don't understand why Cody Rhodes gets such heat. His heel work has been amazing this year" Dude.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted May 18, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 18, 2018 Gotta give him a cheer for his quality heel work, haven't you? He deserves it. *clap* *clap* *clap, clap, clap*
Paid Members garynysmon Posted May 18, 2018 Paid Members Posted May 18, 2018 On 5/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, Silky Kisser said: I've only watched 2 episodes so far (38 and 39) and it's the complete polar opposite of today's Raw. The matches are largely crap (Although there was a sweet Booker T/Scott Steiner match on 39) and everything in between seems to be random, erratic and full of chaos. The type of stuff that would give Vince a heart attack just thinking about. However, it's just such a fun watch and I'm really enjoying it. I think you've pretty much encapsulated why I find wrestling, on the whole, to be so dreary and depressing these days. Not to mention ridiculously over produced... A large part of the fanbase seems to want it to be a sporting event, whereas what I want in my wrestling is the polar opposite. Bloody vanilla midgets!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.