Goldberg's WWE return: how will it go?

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Hi guys

I couldn't see a thread on this.

Given Goldberg's long awaited WWE return how do you think it will go?

No WCW guy has fared well in WWF and unlike Sting who I'd imagine couldn't care less about wins and losses Goldberg is someone who always valued that status.

Given Goldberg doesn't need the money, is doing this for his kids & wasn't a fan of how he was used before what do you think will happen??

I can't see him letting WWE job him out on his BIG return but also can't see WWE letting him go over their no1 guy - its a tough one.

I'm also worried about how Goldberg will look. His big selling point was his look, physique and high impact, power style. A dramatically slimmer Goldberg may not be able to do 'Goldberg' with strength wise or credibly

What do u think?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing for sure is he will be sore the next day, hearing Goldberg on podcasts and that he still fancies himself physically, always waffling on about his MMA style training. Brock will chuck him about like an empty tracksuit, not seeing him i don't know but i hope he's had fair warning of this match happening and got himself in ring shape cos if not i honestly fear an injury, it's been 12 years for god sake.

I think it'll go German suplex, German suplex, German suplex, F5, kickout, F5, kickout, F5, 1, 2, 3. Not that I want it to, of course, but against Lesnar it's tough to see anything else happening.

I think they will allow Goldberg some offence, maybe a spear or two before Lesnar beats him with an couple of F5's.

This isn't going to be the usual Lesnar match. Goldbergs coming back so his son can see him wrestle. He's getting all his shit in, knees, suplexes, throws, spear, probably jackhammer too. Have Paul E pull ref off, goldberg goes after him then gets caught in a F5 as he comes back in. Goldberg has the win visually. Lesnar wins though as a heel for a change rather than pure dominance. Everyone wins

• Paid Members

Not that he'll necessarily do this for Goldberg, but in the build up to Brock's match with Big Show a few years ago, he was bumping around like Curt Hennig for Show's stuff, so he's certainly capable of it. 

As much as it pains me to say I think it will go poorly. Much like others have said, Germans, F-5s and a bit of Goldberg offence. Similar to my opinion of the Lesnar/Orton feud, I see the actual build-up to the match being awesome and the match itself sucking.

Any simple change though from the recent Lesnar formulae I'd appreciate. Even the scenario Louch suggested would probably get a thumbs up from me.

I think I'm getting caught up in the hype, but me, personally, I'd love a Goldberg win. Can't see it though.

I think they need to have him stay til Mania, have the rumoured SS match end in a no contest (or even by TKO) so Goldberg isn't pinned or submitted then have Goldberg go after Brock all the way to Mania to get his win back and leave on a high. 

I wouldn't even mind if they put the title on Brock and had Goldberg win the rumble by eliminating all 29 other superstars one by one. He is probably the only guy that could do it. 

The worry for me is the visual of a vastly smaller trying to ragdoll Lesnar.

It will either look wrong (providing Lesnar does a HBK and does the work) given Goldberg's reduced size

Or

He won't be able to do it!

Given the genuine esteem Goldberg's always held his status in I just can't see him agreeing to comeback & lay down.

That said I don't know of I like the idea of a greatly physically reduced Goldberg going over the no1 guy

With the Logan/Wolverine trailer getting attention I'd use that type of story for Goldberg as a grizzled 'last fight in him' type character, but it might be a better story leading to mania since the film is out in march.

Undertaker would've been great at this character (they kinda started it when feuding with Lesnar) but this is off topic.

Its hard to pick a winner, Goldberg needs the win for his return or its a bit of a damper but if he wins its 2-0 for Berg, Does Brock get a rematch and wins making it 2-1, I know they're not really coming wins to this degree but still.

They kinda booked themselves into a corner with it, Brock is a unstoppable monster that hasnt been beat in years Goldberg is a former unstoppable monster that hasnt done anything in 12 years.

Either way its exciting to see

Archived