Goldberg's WWE return: how will it go?

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

goldberg-instagram.jpg

Looking good.

--------------------------

Goldberg Talks Possibly Being Booed At WWE Survivor Series, What To Expect From Brock Lesnar Match

On episode 141 of The Ross ReportWWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross spoke with two-time world champion Bill Goldberg about his upcoming return to the squared circle against 'The Beast Incarnate' Brock Lesnar at WWE Survivor Series, live from Toronto, Canada.

According to Goldberg, he will be fine if he gets booed at Survivor Series and he would not handle it like he did at WWE WrestleMania 20 this time around.

"At the end of the day, I hope everybody has fun. And if I just so happen to get booed, then, I am surely not going to go out and end my life because of it. At the end of the day, it's other people's interpretation upon your act at that moment, so if I get booed, then, I'll take it out on Brock more so than I'm doing already. And I believe that that's what we wanted to do to each other when we were booed the last time we met. And I think this time, the gloves, as we say, are off, so this is going to be a war."

Additionally, Goldberg claimed that he might not be hitting the ropes expertly now, but the violence level of the match will far exceed expectations.

"As far as taking bumps and giving bumps, I've been taking bumps and I've been giving bumps, but they are of a completely different kind, so just because I'm not up on my hitting the ropes skills, don't mean that I don't bring something to the table that will far exceed expectations as far as violence is concerned, so that's what we do, man. And I'm just trying to, I've got to reinvent myself and I've got to figure out the right combination to bring into that ring."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that we're openly discussing the very real possibility that Goldberg could be booed out of the building on his return is a sign that wrestling fans don't deserve anything nice. They've already made sure Batista ain't coming back.

If we left it up to them, there'd be no spectacle to the business left. There'd be no business left within 6 months.

Pricks.

The thing is, he's going against the only guy who's been booked like a star for the past however long in front of their 'home' crowd. Plus as great as Goldberg's promo was, he said he was back for the kids which is also a big no-no for the current fans. On top of that, the fans taking out their frustration on the big names is their way of venting their frustration at so much other issues with the company.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend them and they're quite often cunts for no reason, but I can see some logic to them booing Goldberg.

Sting got a hero's return because they put him against Triple H. As much as Goldberg vs Lesnar is a massive match, I'm surprised they're doing it. At least if Goldberg wrestled Cena, Reigns or Triple H, he'd get a hero's reaction.

At this stage, Goldberg going against Lesnar is like Goldberg going Undertaker in Texas.

• Paid Members

People are really bending over backwards to excuse them trying to force Lesnar as the heel in his hometown - after years of essentially booking him as a babyface anyway.

Don't get me wrong, the time to blame "dem wans" is probably going to come, but it's really not now. Monday was entirely on WWE and Vince Mcmahon. It was just a really poorly thought out segment.

Amazing podcast just dropped with Goldberg at Ranallo and Rutten. Mates pissing about.

Very candid. Goldberg is expecting a fan riot against him in Canada. He laughs it all off and does not give a fuck.

Can´t wait.

• Paid Members

Does he mention whether or not he's been in-ring wrestling? Knowing your limitations is one thing, knowing them inside the ropes is another. Horrible feeling the "violence" I saw quoted from that podcast will involve a lame attempt at making it MMA-esque.

• Paid Members

Said he's done a bit of bumping but doesn't want to be bumping every day between now and SS as he's too old. Is cross training to help his cardio, and has a strongman competitor in to help him gain muscle mass. Specifically made reference to building up his back in order to make bumping easier.

• Paid Members

I really don't want them to cave in to the fans, especially when his return proved that he's quite possibly the most natural, authentic babyface on the roster, but if they're going to be dicks and boo him then I half want Goldberg to just tell them to fuck off.

Today's wrestling fans are such bell-ends that they probably wouldn't know who to cheer or boo for if Goldberg turned heel before Survivor Series. If they're so insistent on ruining everything, then you may as well ruin it for them first.

Time will tell, sure, but it's obvious Toronto are going to fuck everything up. You can see it a mile away.

Ultimately, as shit as the current product is, I can't help but think this is exactly what the modern day fan deserves. This is wrestling, you deserve it, if you will.

Listening to the Ranallo Podcast with Goldberg now, some notes:

Mentioned Flair's comment in that podcast about taking bumps, said he knows all about them and he's preparing for that. He said when he was 30 he was like Terminator 1, now he's 49, he's like Terminator 2. He's now doing some cross training and working on his cardio. Trying to pack on as much weight on as possible, but it's tough as he's doing so much cardio, he did mention that he's at around 260lbs atm too. 

Said he needs to get some ring time practice. in terms of bumps. He mentioned trying out a different offensive repotiore as he can't give people the 290 Goldberg, he gotta give them the 260 Goldberg. 

Said he's expecting boos, esp in Toronto, but he's just going to do his best to give the fans everything he's got. called out today's fans for not paying enough attention to the wrestlers, said the fans care more about themselves.

Archived