Favourite Survivor Series team?

tiger_rick

Maybe not so much the team, although it did have Scotty Steiner in it but when I think of more modern Survivor Series events the one match that stands out is 2003, Team Bischoff vs Team Austin, just a masterpiece, an absolute blinder. Michaels almost dying, but not quite selling style went to a whole new level in this match, Austin's face on the outside throughout, it all felt pretty real in terms of Austin knowing time was up, his speech at the end, helping a bloody battered Michaels up after such a gallant fight. JR's commentary, had the lot did that match.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked the All Americans purely for Taker's coat lining, Lex is looking completely confused by it though

SdWfGfT.png

I remember this, but what was the story behind the knock-off US flag? Surely that circle of stars wasn't an attempt to make Europe feel included.

• Paid Members

Always liked the All Americans purely for Taker's coat lining, Lex is looking completely confused by it though

SdWfGfT.png

I remember this, but what was the story behind the knock-off US flag? Surely that circle of stars wasn't an attempt to make Europe feel included.

It's an older version of the American flag, presumably linked to Taker being dressed like/his character being an oldie-timey Wild West Undertaker type gimmick.

More info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Ross_flag

EDIT: What Tiger Rick said!

Was Duggan still in the WWF in late '93? He didn't show up in WCW until autumn '94. He'd have been a better choice than  Undertaker for the patriotic American team taking on Yokozuna's foreign fanatics.

Was Tatanka legit injured, as he was originally in the team. Surely they'd have had Undertaker wrestle someone on the show anyway.

• Paid Members

Was Duggan still in the WWF in late '93? He didn't show up in WCW until autumn '94. He'd have been a better choice than  Undertaker for the patriotic American team taking on Yokozuna's foreign fanatics.

Was Tatanka legit injured, as he was originally in the team. Surely they'd have had Undertaker wrestle someone on the show anyway.

Duggan's last PPV was King of the Ring, and I don't remember seeing him after that.

• Paid Members

Surely if we're talking worst SS teams/matches it's got to be Bam Bam Bigelow and the Headshrinkers being saddled with Bastian Booger as a partner but also having to wrestle against Men From The Mission and the Bushwackers all painted up like Doink? I'll hold my hands up and admit I haven't properly watched any of the Survivor Series matches from before 1992, something I simply have to rectify.

• Paid Members

It's the Hulkamaniacs for the increasing volume of pops and how deafeningly over they all are.

PEDANT ALERT!

Honestly, that Slaughter match on 1990 is one of the most anaemic affairs you'll ever see. Imagine the old style cut-in building this match to start the show, one square at a time sliding in for each team to reveal a member. First, Tito and Slaughter. Then Volkoff and Zukhox. Then Luke and Kato. Then Butch and Tanaka.

Sato.

Archived