Favourite Survivor Series team?

tiger_rick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, looking at this I'm seeing a major generation gap. I haven't seen any of those teams!

For me- as wrong as it apparently makes me- I loved the team composition of DX, Hardys and CM Punk in 2006. Mostly for the inclusion of CM Punk, he was still on ECW and a couple of months into his WWE career, yet the crowd that night went apeshit for the rookie. Fuck the recently reunited DX and the even more recently reunited Hardys, this crowd wanted Punk. DX were in the middle of their schtick, but couldn't ignore the reaction, so Trips put his arm around Punk and let him do the "Are you ready?" bit.

The actual match was an annoyingly one-sided beatdown of Rated RKO- I want to say MNM?- and Mike Knox. I just loved that pre-match moment, and it's a pretty damn strong team for star power too.

Add me to the list for Hogan's 1989 team, Survivor Series '89 was the second wrestling tape I got when I was a kid, Hogan was obviously my favourite, I always loved Demolition and Jake Roberts had a massive snake for fucks sake! Can't get cooler than that to a 7 year old or whatever I was

Echo the point about Team DX at SS '06, that show really made use of WWE having 3 brands at the time, hopefully they can do something similar this year with Raw, SD and NXT wrestlers being teamed up, it'd be a fuck sight better than Raw vs Smackdown anyway

Yeah, the 2006 show felt a real throwback to the old Survivor Series, and I think should be allowed to count as an anomaly. Surely we all loved the brilliant Raw segment with all the different teams from the elimination matches coming out and bullshitting with one another? That DX/Rated-RKO elimination match was some choice comedy and didn't derail the individual feuds (DX/RKO, Hardyz/MNM, Punk/Knox) that made up the teams at all. It probably derailed Punk's career a bit, but...you know, you can't have everything.

Echoing the shout for the Teamsters in '94, particularly the entrance of them all, and Shawn's performance in general. Actually, everybody in that match gets a major pass from me. The Bad Guys were class as well, even with bumbling Fatu. That was my first look at the Barbarian being back as Seone, who I thought looked mint back in his old Powers of Pain gear. Bulldog didn't half have his working boots on when he came back in '94 too. I love the bit in the match where Diesel hoys Bulldog over the ropes to the floor and the Kid is still lying there dead selling the Jacknife. And poor old Owen wailing "We're gonna lose!" when it's all kicking off with Diesel and HBK in the aisle. It's a great, great match, actually.

Archived