Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Bored of Goldberg now, they can't keep doing the same thing. It worked because of the pure shock factor before, but that's gone now. Why did Jericho bother distracting Owens? Distractions work when they change the outcome of the match, Jericho only saved Goldberg the hassle of doing a shoulder block or a couple of punches.

Yawn

Bored of Goldberg now, they can't keep doing the same thing. It worked because of the pure shock factor before, but that's gone now. Why did Jericho bother distracting Owens? Distractions work when they change the outcome of the match, Jericho only saved Goldberg the hassle of doing a shoulder block or a couple of punches.

Yawn

How can you be bored of Goldberg if he has only had two matches since he returned? If they do the same thing at Mania with Goldberg and Lesnar, then fair enough I can see your problem with that WWE are doing, but there was no other way the match was really going to go than what we saw last night. What were you really expecting or wanting to see from the match?

• Paid Members

The distraction worked in this match because Owens had Goldberg sussed out and wasn't going to fall for the same trick as Brock did, hence bailing to the outside before the bell even rang and staying there for a good few minutes- which also served as a bit of mind games (the commentators did a good job putting this tactic over, I thought).

I don't expect fuck all from Goldberg which is why i'd rather not see him in the first place. If you expect two matches to be a waste of time and they both turn out that way there's zero chance i'm going to give the third go round a look. I'll be taking the bins out when him and soft arse go at it.

You're Gonna Pay was a great theme. I wouldn't listen to it in my free time like but it suited that era of Taker wonderfully whereas Limp Bizkit (who I can actually put on from time to time, if it's Break Stuff or every grapple fans sentimental fav My Way) was more just like LOL 2001 to me

Not as bad as Austins Disturbed theme or any of the other reworked abominations tho. Those just make me sad

Disturbed grew on me after a while. The ones that piss me off far more are when you get excited for Bret Hart's return after 13 years and instead of his iconic, epic theme you get the shit version a rival promotion settles for because it sounds vaguely enough like the old one.

Yawn

How can you be bored of Goldberg if he has only had two matches since he returned? If they do the same thing at Mania with Goldberg and Lesnar, then fair enough I can see your problem with that WWE are doing, but there was no other way the match was really going to go than what we saw last night. What were you really expecting or wanting to see from the match?

I can be bored of whatever doesn't interest me. It isn't an emotion I chose to have, it's just boredom. Don't understand how you can question something being boring.

I wasn't expecting a 45 minute masterclass, but they really could have done more here to keep me interested. Jericho was just an absolute waste of time. Goldberg didn't need his help at all, was extremely pointless him being there. Owens didn't have Goldberg figured out or have him in any danger. He walked around the ring for a few minutes

• Awards Moderator

I enjoyed the bits of the show I wanted to see, namely Neville/Gallagher and Goldberg/Owens.

Neville has been superb since they put him in the Cruiserweight division, he's great every time he's out there. It's been over a decade since I first saw the Red Arrow and I still can't quite wrap my head round the way he twists and flips round in the air like that.

The main event was what I expected. Furthers two WrestleMania storylines and the kids have got a real life superhero for a champion. Quite happy with the whole thing, it baffles me that people were expecting something else. You take your eye off Goldberg for a moment, he's going to Spear you. If Goldberg Spears you, you are done. Simple as. The Jericho distraction took Owens' focus off Goldberg for just a split second and that's all he needs. They did it really well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

You're Gonna Pay was a great theme. I wouldn't listen to it in my free time like but it suited that era of Taker wonderfully whereas Limp Bizkit (who I can actually put on from time to time, if it's Break Stuff or every grapple fans sentimental fav My Way) was more just like LOL 2001 to me

Not as bad as Austins Disturbed theme or any of the other reworked abominations tho. Those just make me sad

Disturbed grew on me after a while. The ones that piss me off far more are when you get excited for Bret Hart's return after 13 years and instead of his iconic, epic theme you get the shit version a rival promotion settles for because it sounds vaguely enough like the old one.

Same here. I don't know why they changed Bret's theme when he came back, it wasn't quite WCW bad, but why change it?

• Paid Members

Same here. I don't know why they changed Bret's theme when he came back, it wasn't quite WCW bad, but why change it?

I think they were trying to "update" it. It was bloody awful, though.