Hardest gaming level...?

Drfunke

The best moment playing will always be when you pass a nightmare bit and "Checkpoint reached" flashes on the screen.

For me, the whole of the video game equivalent to Guns n Roses' Chinese Democracy: Duke Nukem Forever. Don't get me wrong, he is epic. But the loading times and all the time they spent on it just wasn't worth it. Too hard for my liking. On and off, took me 3 months to complete.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

speaking of GTA San Andreas, anyone recall that mission where u had to fly some sort of RC plane/helicopter?

i gave up trying to get past it!

Oh I did exactly the same, fuck Zero's missions! I also gave up on that one, as soon as I found out you didn't have to complete it to progress with the game. It was on a rooftop, right? Shitarse mission.

That mission was a bitch. It was to drop of tnt and blow up a construction site if I'm thinking about the same one? I remember trying for weeks on end to do it but never could, abandoned it for months before I went back to it and done it on my first couple of attempts.

GTA games have had a few nightmare missions over the years, there was one in Vice City were you had to race a guy in a sports car to hire him as your getaway driver, it started at the strip club I think. I knew that map like the back of my hand but I swear it must have taken me about a year to beat him, it was nigh on impossible to drive at the speed you needed to without totalling your car at some point.

• Paid Members

Gta4, it was one of those "follow some one on a bike" bits. A train possibly?

I did give up on the game because the challenge wasn't fun, it was dull and frustrating.

I reckon you might be thinking of Cross The Tracks from GTA San Andreas, that was a fucker and one of the first two that came to mind entering this thread. It took me bloody hours to do. Chasing a train on bikes whilst giving Sweet a backie.

That was shit, but at least I could cheat on gta:sa. This was defo gta4. I was on a motorbike.

Fucking flying school on the other hand!

I had to take a 3 month break from this. When i went back the bit i couldn't do i did it first time and breezed the rest.

I still can't get my pilots license in GTA V. Can't do the helicopter bit in time.

On Sonic for the master system i couldn't get past the underwater level.

• Paid Members

Somebody once did a video of 10 different ways to beat Wrong Side Of The Tracks. One of them was to find a sniper rifle and shoot the train driver. The one that worked (eventually) for me was to ditch Smoke, speed off on the motorbike to a railway bridge, get off the bike, wait till the train came, jump on to it, then turn round and shoot the baddies from behind (and before the train went into a tunnel and knocked you off.)

• Paid Members

The trial of Archimedes in God Of War: Ascension was brutal. Starts out with two of the Madusa bitches that can turn you into stone if you let them stare at you for more than a second, if you beat them another two appear along with with four of a different species of bitch, who you have no choice but to ignore and let them ping shit at you from a distance until you take care of the Madusas. I got past it once, with like one sliver of health left and then STAGE 2 OF 3 began, no health pickups, no checkpoint. I got rekt in seconds and never looked at the game again (which is a shame as I love the series). It got patched at some point, I'll give it another try if it ever comes to the PS4.

Sonic 2, Wing Fortress Zone. As if a brick hard level full of pitfalls wasn't bad enough, you have to make a compromise. If you have all 7 chaos emeralds you pretty much have to try and stay below 50 rings until the final boss, otherwise you'll become Super Sonic who is too fast for the delicacy the level requires, and you're almost guaranteed to hit one of the pitfalls. If you don't have the emeralds and/or don't have 50 rings by the time you reach the boss, well... good luck.

speaking of GTA San Andreas, anyone recall that mission where u had to fly some sort of RC plane/helicopter?

i gave up trying to get past it!

Oh I did exactly the same, fuck Zero's missions! I also gave up on that one, as soon as I found out you didn't have to complete it to progress with the game. It was on a rooftop, right? Shitarse mission.

That mission was a bitch. It was to drop of tnt and blow up a construction site if I'm thinking about the same one? I remember trying for weeks on end to do it but never could, abandoned it for months before I went back to it and done it on my first couple of attempts.

GTA games have had a few nightmare missions over the years, there was one in Vice City were you had to race a guy in a sports car to hire him as your getaway driver, it started at the strip club I think. I knew that map like the back of my hand but I swear it must have taken me about a year to beat him, it was nigh on impossible to drive at the speed you needed to without totalling your car at some point.

The construction site flying mission was also Vice City. I replayed it earlier this year after it got it's PS4 remaster, managed to get through the flying mission fairly easily, but The Getaway Driver mission was as bloody hard as I remembered!

• Paid Members

For me it was always Beevis and Butt-head for the Mega Drive. I used to get 7 bits of the Gwar ticket, but could I fuck get that 8th. It wasnt much of a game at the best of times, but it was mind numbing being so close to the end and not being able to find it. Never did win it. Only ever saw the ending years later on youtube.

• Paid Members

Banyan Tree on Jet Set Willy.

v=wdLGrk3BwRw

Fuck!! Earlier this afternoon me and my family were sitting around talking about old Commodore games and it ended up with us sitting around watching a Jet Set Willy walkthrough on YouTube! (Rock n roll weekend, I know...)

The jump controls make Willy so hard, you have to be pixel perfect. The first screen will kick your arse for a little while getting used to them.

I've been expecting a Dark Souls comment or two, Ornstein and Smough usually get people flinging their controllers at the wall. I somehow fluked that fight and beat them first time, in no way was it because I'm any good at the game.

Archived