Hardest gaming level...?

Drfunke

Was there a particular game you remember playing and just got stuck at 1 bit for so long you almost gave up??

Really stupid one, but when my uncle first got his playstation with Killeak the Blood we could never work out how to get out the elevator you start in. Took about a week

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The training mission on the first Driver game on ps1. Had to get a mate round to do it for me. Rest of that game was an absolute breeze compared to that.

I also never beat Vulcan Raven on the first Metal Gear Solid. Had a mild heart attack in the third one when his shadow appeared on the wall, only for it to be a toy on the floor.

• Paid Members

I still get angry thinking about that stupid asteroid shooting bit in Dead Space. Never made it passed that.

Amen to that. It wasn't even fun.

Medieval 2, the bit when you are facing a vampire. Could not work out what to do. Ended up phoning a games cheat line number from the back off a PS1 magazine. Father Mears was most impressed until the phone bill came in.

I remember the Simpsons game on the old Amiga. And there was a part with a barrier (like a red road block thing) and for whatever reason I couldn't get past it, I'm not sure if I was even meant to get past it or do something along the way but the game went from left to right (similar to Mario) so logically I could only go in that direction.

• Paid Members

Gta4, it was one of those "follow some one on a bike" bits. A train possibly?

I did give up on the game because the challenge wasn't fun, it was dull and frustrating.

I reckon you might be thinking of Cross The Tracks from GTA San Andreas, that was a fucker and one of the first two that came to mind entering this thread. It took me bloody hours to do. Chasing a train on bikes whilst giving Sweet a backie.

The other one I instantly thought of was Bomb Da Base II, from GTA 3. 8-Ball is a fucking idiot and keeps getting killed.

This is where everyone jumps in an starts cursing the mountain bike mission in San Andreas...

• Paid Members

Cross the Tracks is a funny one, people seemed to really struggle but it didn't take me more than a few shots to complete. Fucking flying school on the other hand!

I remember struggling with it big time first time around, but when I played it again a few years ago (just before V came out), it was a piece of piss. Strange.

speaking of GTA San Andreas, anyone recall that mission where u had to fly some sort of RC plane/helicopter?

i gave up trying to get past it!

Oh I did exactly the same, fuck Zero's missions! I also gave up on that one, as soon as I found out you didn't have to complete it to progress with the game. It was on a rooftop, right? Shitarse mission.

Archived