Hardest gaming level...?

Drfunke

I had a Turtles game for the Game Boy where I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd screen of the game. I couldn't work out what the hell I was supposed to do. From memory the first screen was defeating a few enemies and entering some caves, but as soon as I got in there all I could find was a load of locked entrances and no obvious way of unlocking them. I kept going back to the game every few months and never getting any further. I probably still have it in a box at my dad's.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the Death Star Trench the first level?!? I might be misremembering. What I do remember is getting stuck in a theatre of some kind in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Was loving it until that point. The bloke wouldn't let me leave but there wasn't anything around to interact with.

Of course I imagine there actually was and I just hadn't realised it yet.

There was a weird game, I can't remember the name of it at all. I never managed to get too far before giving up. I'd love to give it another go. I'll describe it the best I can...

Opens up in a jungle type setting, 2D platformer type game...you can jump and hang from ledges and drop down, and crouch to collect items...fucksake. I wish I remembered more. That's hardly much to go on. My mates raved about it in secondary school (1998-2003)

There was a weird game, I can't remember the name of it at all. I never managed to get too far before giving up. I'd love to give it another go. I'll describe it the best I can...

Opens up in a jungle type setting, 2D platformer type game...you can jump and hang from ledges and drop down, and crouch to collect items...fucksake. I wish I remembered more. That's hardly much to go on. My mates raved about it in secondary school (1998-2003)

It's Flashback I would wager. And yes, tough as balls that one.

It's Flashback I would wager. And yes, tough as balls that one.

That certainly sounds like Flashback, I was only recently playing the Mega CD version but 98 does seem a little late for it.

As I opened this thread this morning, I remembered the name of the game! And you fellas are awesome, remembering it! I don't know if 98 was late for it, but that's around the time I played it. I'll find a ROM and give it another go soon.

Isn't the Death Star Trench the first level?!? I might be misremembering. What I do remember is getting stuck in a theatre of some kind in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Was loving it until that point. The bloke wouldn't let me leave but there wasn't anything around to interact with.

Of course I imagine there actually was and I just hadn't realised it yet.

Awhh I meant the last level flying into and out of the Death Star to blow it up. Precison flying to the extreme. Hit pipes etc soooo many times :(

Also, the entire last boss level on Global Defence Force above 'Hard' level

Well that's just asking for it, really.

Good game though.

The difficulty spikes from 'hey this is okay' to 'OMFG instant death' despite being the same level. I dont think I have done it past hardest. I should really go and redo it I think my foot solder was nearly 20k health and gulwing 10k. Awesome game.

Archived