Hardest gaming level...?

Drfunke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Rayman Origins, either chasing the treasure chest.

Resident Evil 4, the constant quick time battle with Krauser

Resident Evil 5 on Professional difficulty against the giant (when in the car).

Possibly facing Ric Flair/Big Show on Day of Reckoning on the GameCube (just before advancing to either raw or smackdown), they would counter everything, you can advance even if you loose but extremely difficult

i didn't find that bit on resi 4 too hard, the hardest bit was making sure Ashley didn't get carried away or eaten!

It's not a hard game, it's just that one scene. Roughly 7 times you had next to no time to press the correct sequence, and the GameCube was the hardest version that squence seemed a lot easier and more time to react on the ps2, Xbox 360 version

• Paid Members

The bloody underwater level on Teenage Mutant Hero Turles for the NES.

It took you an age to get there before realising you just had to just walk over that fucking gap and then the timer hit you for under the water even though you're a team of four bastard turtles.

I know no-one that beat that level, not one person.

Even though I've completed it all the way through twice, I am now stuck on Control on Goldeneye on 00 agent, and have been for about 18 months.

Jurassic Park for the gameboy, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world who owned a copy. I got to level 5 once. Never got to the 6th and final one.

My brother was never able to complete Parasol Stars (also gameboy) due to a physically impossible level where there was no way to kill the guys on the top platform.

• Paid Members

Few C64 games come to mind.

Daley Thompson's Decathlon and Combat School in particular, where you had to grimace, clench your teeth and vigorously wiggle your joystick from side to side, not unlike the first time somebody other than yourself gave you a pedal

("Is that nice?"

"Uunnnggghhh...yeah, it's nnnnnggggg grand, yeah....great. ugh Pppphhhppp")

But after annihilating your joystick, you'd come fifth and wind up biting the joystick in a fit of rage, kicking something and then calling one of your parents a cunt through aggressively gritted teeth because they shouted up at you to 'go easy up there, out of that, will you!!?'

Honourable mentions to the following C64 games; RoboCop, Last Ninja 2, Creatures 2 Torture Trouble, The Bod Squad and all those poxy Dizzy games that on top of being ludicrously difficult, would also make you question your ability to distinguish colour and cause migraine.

Divvil May Cry 3 on the Ps2 could fuck off. Fuck right off, the absolute cunt.

• Paid Members

I had the Mega Drive version of Fantastic Dizzy and got so bloody far on it only to get stuck on a dragon. I begged my Granddad to let me ring one of them cheat places on the back of my book but he refused because it was about £3 a minute.

Agree with whoever said Ninja Gaiden, I love the NES original but have only ever completed it once in my lifetime despite it being one of the first games I ever owned in my life. Took me roughly 20 years and a 3DS port with save states to beat it. I can get to stage 6-1 before I start to properly struggle but from there it's hell.

The sequels on the NES are a ball ache too, NG2 adds level effects like wind blowing you and darkness hiding all the floor, and NG3 adds Game Overs. Fuck that.

The reboot on the Xbox was solid too but nothing compared to the originals.

It took you an age to get there before realising you just had to just walk over that fucking gap and then the timer hit you for under the water even though you're a team of four bastard turtles.

Oh this. A thousand times this.

Even if you did beat it you'd lose at least two turtles and be fucked the rest of the game.

Oh this. A thousand times this.

Even if you did beat it you'd lose at least two turtles and be fucked the rest of the game.

Thank heavens for emulators and roms so I could finally finish this game.

I would also like to add the perfect run on Super Mario Galaxy 2 it's hard enough without only having one hit deaths

Jurassic Park for the gameboy, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world who owned a copy. I got to level 5 once. Never got to the 6th and final one.

I had a JP game but i think it was called The Lost World.

There was a bit when you meet the T-Rex and it chases you and your companion but they would always stop. I could always run away from the T-Rex but i had no idea what i was supposed to do so i never advanced in the game and it was only like the 3rd or 4th level.

On Sonic for the master system i couldn't get past the underwater level.

This seems like a weird one to get stuck on, but it does require the one skill that Sonic isn't best known for encouraging: patience.

Jurassic Park for the gameboy, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world who owned a copy.

Nope, I had this. I think the furthest I got was level 2...

Archived