The "Jon Jones gone screwed up again" thread

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

The DC run is a good example. DC bossed the division a few times but never really got his due because we all know he's just keeping it warm until Jones is back. As discussed, if Reyes wins it only heightens the sense of lower standards now Jones isn't about.

Wouldn't be surprised if the belt gets traded around for a while. Not unless someone really improves and gobbles everyone up.

None of us want divisions to be dull so hopefully Jones being out the way let's some other fighters shine. Similar to what happened when Mighty Mouse lost.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Mad that. You do wonder how long Jones would have held onto it if he didn't Jones it up. Oddly, given how young he was when he won it, he's done himself a favour long term by ensuring his body didn't get battered during this near decade. 

Edited by ColinBollocks

• 1 year later...

According to the report, officers responded to a domestic disturbance at Caesars Palace after a call stating that a white female adult, later identified as Jones’ fiancée Jessie Moses, was bleeding from “her nose/mouth.”

“As Jones was being detained, he became irate and smashed his head into the front hood of the [Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department] patrol vehicle leaving a medium size dent as well as chipping of some of the paint on the vehicle,” police wrote in the report. Jones was later charged with injuring or disabling a vehicle, which due to the amount of the damage done is considered a felony in Nevada.

Jones was then transported to a local holding facility where he was charged with misdemeanor battery domestic as well as a felony charge for the damage done to the police car.

Selected excerpts from the MMA Fighting article. Only in America could damaging a car be a more serious crime than smacking a woman in the face...

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

I swear, it's almost like it's following a movie script or something. He must have some real demons in his past; why else does a man on course for the pinnacle of his chosen career, a virtually undefeated MMA fighter widely regarded as the GOAT, destroy himself like this? I still dislike the wanker, but I think I'm now at a point where I feel more sadness and pity for him. Obviously, no-one would know for sure, but I wonder if some of it's down to coming from such a successful family, sports-wise. The pressure to emulate his brothers, in a sport that's still struggling for respect in the mainstream, must be insane.

EDIT: Just had a look at his Wiki, and it seems he had a younger sister who died of a brain tumour before she was eighteen. Fuck. That must have really hit him hard; wouldn't be surprised if that was what de-railed him.

EDIT 2: Lower down, there's a bit where he said he was sexually assaulted as a child.

OK, take your pick. Given a life like that, you'd be hard-pressed not to end up with some severe damage that fucks you up for life.

Edited by Carbomb

15 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I swear, it's almost like it's following a movie script or something. He must have some real demons in his past; why else does a man on course for the pinnacle of his chosen career, a virtually undefeated MMA fighter widely regarded as the GOAT, destroy himself like this? I still dislike the wanker, but I think I'm now at a point where I feel more sadness and pity for him. Obviously, no-one would know for sure, but I wonder if some of it's down to coming from such a successful family, sports-wise. The pressure to emulate his brothers, in a sport that's still struggling for respect in the mainstream, must be insane.

EDIT: Just had a look at his Wiki, and it seems he had a younger sister who died of a brain tumour before she was eighteen. Fuck. That must have really hit him hard; wouldn't be surprised if that was what de-railed him.

EDIT 2: Lower down, there's a bit where he said he was sexually assaulted as a child.

OK, take your pick. Given a life like that, you'd be hard-pressed not to end up with some severe damage that fucks you up for life.

Okay I know this isn't exactly the nicest of places on the internet too actually admit what I'm about to admit but your second edit really angered me (not you personally) I was sexually assaulted at the age of 3 and a half till I was nearly 5. Is it fucking difficult and does it instantly change your entire life overnight YES.......does it give you a complete free pass to constantly behave so reckless and without consequence NO 

I've had substance problems and problems with alcohol but you eventually get to a point where you know you need to change or lose everything or worst case scenario your life.

The biggest fucking problem with Jon Jones is like it's been said he is a fantastic fighter and inside the cage (for the most part ) he had every opportunity to turn his life around and be on the mount Rushmore of all time greats in MMA. However I'm sorry but you can only use excuses and your fame to get away with being a fucking cunt for so long and his time with that ran out years ago. 

Unfortunately in this case he would have to kill Dana White's entire family in front of him for them to consider letting him go from his contract which creates an entirely different problem because he knows he can behave anyway he wants too, take as much time out away from the cage as he wants too, get popped for steroids as many times as he wants too but he will always have a contract there because of how good he CAN be when he actually wants to get into the cage.

It's a sad state of affairs it really is but he is too far gone and will never change. We will get the standard "I'm cleaning up, never drinking again" bullshit but come summer their will be another arrest and story about him.