The "Jon Jones gone screwed up again" thread

ColinBollocks

8 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Unfortunately in this case he would have to kill Dana White's entire family in front of him for them to consider letting him go from his contract which creates an entirely different problem because he knows he can behave anyway he wants too, take as much time out away from the cage as he wants too, get popped for steroids as many times as he wants too but he will always have a contract there because of how good he CAN be when he actually wants to get into the cage.

Sorry for the double post and all that, but there's no reason for the UFC to let him go from his contract. It's not like they have to pay him a regular salary. He gets paid when he fights, so why not make sure that if he ever does fight again it's in the UFC?

If they let him go he'd immediately get snapped up by a competitor.

• Paid Members

To me, it's his sheer lack of taking any personal responsibility for his actions. Any time he's done something terrible or stupid, he pretty much makes himself the victim or or rolls out the ol 'God is testing me' bollocks. 

Same thing everytime. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

To clarify: I'm not saying his past is an excuse. Like I say, I think he's a shithead. I'm simply saying there must be something that motivates him to continue to do such things despite having everything going for him. 

Obviously, he needs to take personal responsibility; there are plenty of people who've been in a shit place because of their past who've turned things around. I'm just saying there must be an explanation why he was ever like this at all.