Pranks, japes and wanton cruelty to your friends

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Gus, have you read David Thorne's books/website? Plenty of inspiration for you there, especially if you want to wind up some poor fuckers at work.

Seconded. 27bslash6 is a great little website - not just for his practical jokes, but his super-sarcastic and absurdist emails.

Also Emails From An Asshole is great too, although a lot of them hinge on putting out fake ads or answering real ones.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Gus, have you read David Thorne's books/website? Plenty of inspiration for you there, especially if you want to wind up some poor fuckers at work.

Nah, haven't seen that before. Will take a look, but honestly tend to just wing these things.

On the Ferry to France with the school and a friend wiped his ass with a tissue from a lads packet of tissues and put it back, then he pissed in the same lads Orange Juice aswell. Later that day, the victim was playing football on the deck and kicked his shoe overboard when kicking the ball. He only had one pair of shoes for the whole trip (well half a pair as it would turn out). Bad trip for that fella

Straying a little off topic, but I miss seeing "TO LET" signs that have been vandalised in the most obvious way:

toilet.png

I seem to remember it being a fairly common sight when I was a kid, but it just doesn't seem to happen anymore. The prevalence of CCTV perhaps. Or just living in a more lawful town.

It's great to see the old traditions being upheld.  The other month, some youths knocked my door and legged it.  I was so filled with nostalgia that I went and stuck a grumble mag in a hedge in the park.  (I've probably mentioned this before)

• Paid Members

The street my old place was on was around the corner from a tourist-y place that occasionally held art exhibitions, so there was a sign right outside my house saying "ART EXHIBITION". Don't think it ever lasted a day after being put up before someone had changed it to "FART EXHIBITION". Always made me smile.

One that's sadly lost, and one of my all-time favourite bits of graffiti, was a sign saying "TO MUSEUM", on which someone had scrawled "THE" between the two words. I just had the mental image of a grammar pedant walking to work past that sign every day, all this pent up rage every time they saw it, until they finally snapped. THE MUSEUM, YOU DICKS.

My other two favourite bits of graffiti, incidentally, are a toilet cubicle door in Jersey that has "I LOVE VINCE VAUGHN" carved into it, and the cubicle door in the Coach & Horses in Soho briefly being daubed with "IAN HISLOP IS A CUNT".

There's a Penny Hill Lane near where I live and the sign had been changed to Benny Hill Lane in such a manner that not only did it look professional I thought it was the actual name of the road. Got in to an argument with the wife about it and everything. Had to resort to looking on Google maps. They finally changed it a couple of months ago but somehow it had been left untouched for a few years.