Pranks, japes and wanton cruelty to your friends

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I did it last week, just waiting for the inevitable text from my friend while he's at work...

I've ordered wallpaper samples from 2 different places and got them sent to her work address. Might do something else next week.

• Paid Members

I did freak out a guy I used to work with during Secret Santa one year. He was a bit obsessed with Keira Nightly so I decided to make him a calendar with photos of her. This was about 15 years ago so the online calendar market hadn't quite opened up to the masses yet.Ā I designed it all but didn't think it was quite good enough so had an idea.

I got the woman on reception to call him downstairs for something so he would leave his computer unlocked and unattended. While he was away from his desk I went over and made a note of his [new]Ā girlfriend's email address. He returned to his desk none the wiser.

I then emailed said girlfriend (I had actually met her so if wasn't completely weird and stalkery), told her what I was doing and asked for as many personal dates as possible to add to the calendar - family birthdays, anniversaries and other significant days. She was well into it! So I finished the calendar, wrapped it and waiting for the Secret Santa exchange day.

When it arrived I waited anxiously for him to open his present. At first he thought it was an innocent home-made Keira calendar but then he started flicking through and noticed all the dates. He laughed nervously but later started to get a bit worried. I'd managed to convince him for the previous few weeks that this older lady in the office fancied him. She was a bit weird - constantly ate rice cakes, found everything hilariously funny, had this really annoying constant habit of clearing he throat, and generally just weirded him out. So after opening the calendar I continued with this and said maybe it was her who gave it to him.

This carried on for about a week. He just kept asking me how she'd gotten all those personal details to put in the calendar and she must have gotten someone else to make it because she was a bit IT-phobic. It got to the point where he was so worried he was considering going to HR to ask about harrassment in the workplace. So I had to come clean.

He wasĀ immensely relieved it wasn't her and saw the funny side of it. He did make sure he locked his computer every time he left his desk after that even if he was just going to the printer or making a coffee.

• Paid Members

Ha well played Monkee!

I have a couple but for now an update on my 'stolen shamelessly from Gus' curtain sample prank:

Last night at football, said friend was lurking around the boot of my car suspiciously. I asked him what he was doing, he asked how to open my boot as 'he was curious'. I told him to remain curious. He then sneaked something into my bag and then pretended he didn't. I looked inside my bag, it was a book called The Secret Economist. He's been going on about this fucking book for months. "I accidentally ordered two so thought you could have one". Thought nothing of it and we met up with the others and played football.

Last night, it pissed down with rain and I went home after football resembling a drowned rat. I told him that the book he gave me was wet and joked that I wanted a refund. I put it on the radiator when I got home to dry off.

When I woke up this morning and took it off the radiator, I felt something inside. It was the curtain samples I had delivered to him. FoiledĀ :(

Ā 

• Paid Members

My friend is now a finalist in the Vanarama Van Hero of the Year Award. He doesnt drive.Ā They are trying to get him to attend an awards ceremony somehere near Silverstone. Shall update with full details when home from holiday, but suffice to say I'm astonished the fine people at Vanarama bought my Herculean tale of van bravery, which included my friend digging his van out of ten foot of snow to deliver Christmas turkeys.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

My friend is now a finalist in the Vanarama Van Hero of the Year Award. He doesnt drive.Ā They are trying to get him to attend an awards ceremony somehere near Silverstone. Shall update with full details when home from holiday, but suffice to say I'm astonished the fine people at Vanarama bought my Herculean tale of van bravery, which included my friend digging his van out of ten foot of snow to deliver Christmas turkeys.

Take several bows.

• Paid Members

That's a brilliant site! I've just sent her some artificial grass samples, vinyl floor samples, bird seedĀ and entered her into a draw to win a Paddy McGuinness commemorative plate!! I wish I could see her face if she got that through the post.

• Paid Members

Oh dear, this appears to have backfired on me. My mate's going ape-shit and not seeing the funny side of the stuff she's getting. So far it's been a few wallpaper samples and some artificial grass. She doesn't know it's me and thinks someone's got a grudge against her. I didn't think she'd take it like this. Thing is, I've already got other random shit going to her as well. I can't come clean and one half of me is feeling massively guilty but the other half is finding it hilariously funny. Argh!

A friend of mine was bragging about owing a newsagent a small fortune for weeks worth of papers delivered, that he was about to pay until he found out the shop had changed hands & the debt had long since been forgottenĀ about because the original owner had not passed on the relevant information.

One day when passing his house i decided it would be funny to put a paper through his door with "Please pay your outstanding bill ASAP" written in magic marker at the very top of the front of his "free" paper.

TBH I had long forgot about it until one day my mate reminded me by stating his wife went ape shit on him, on picking up the delivery Ā & went straight around to the bemused newsagent, paying roughly what she thought was owed because the new owner had no idea of any debt, but was happy to accept the payment as it was all "part of the goodwill he had inherited".

• Moderators
30freefilms@gmail.com
Ā 
That address is in the Daily Star most days of the week advertisedĀ in the sports pages. They are so confident in their films they will send (not) you (but your friend) THIRTY FREE ADULTĀ FILMS! Just give a name and address to that e-mail address.