chyna is dead

buba3d

It is with deep sadness to inform you today that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world has passed away. She will live forever in the memories of her millions of fans and all of us that loved her.

Team Chyna

according to her agent on facebook and twitter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell.

I'm unsure how feel about this as I was a fan during her WWE run, but she went off the rails more recently.

Either way, she was a big part of my teenage years, so I'll always remember the wrestling Chyna over anything else.

Rest easy!

Sad news. I think compared to a lot of wrestling deaths, this one stings a little harder as you can pinpoint her downturn and it's based on her being shown the door whilst she was a huge star.

Loved her theme music as a kid and that X7 match with Ivory will always be one of my favourite squashes.

On wwe.com too:

http://www.wwe.com/article/chyna-passes-away?sf24752031=1

A hard decision to run that story I bet. Will this be turned into a big deal? Segment on Raw? Hall of Fame? Or are WWE still worried about the Google record?

when hhh mentioned about chyna and the goggle thing, wasn't this round about the time or a couple of weeks beforehand about chyna pretty much accusing hhh of raping her and wwe for sweeping it under the rug.

• Paid Members

The last 10+ years of her life seemed miserable. She was clearly craving the spotlight, but could only get it by taking it up the arse or saying ill shit on a radio show. She's a sad story really and clearly badly needed the help.

However, she was definitely one of the more memorable faces during WWF's peak. I'm sure plenty of randoms over 25 know her. Really sad.

She was stalwart of the dead pool threads when I followed the WWE more closely, but the thing I will remember most is Doug Stanhope's bit about trying to masturbate to "Backdoor to Chyna", which was a true triumph of grotesque comedy. Her clitorus was bigger than many a man's penis.

Rest in peace.

Archived