NXT Tour & Download Festival - June 2016

biggs

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Liverpool show just finished. Not as good as the Blackpool show last year, but still loads of fun.

Nakamura's entrance though. My God. If he isn't in the Wrestlemania main event next year they've missed the boat. I have never seen charisma like it.

Thought the Liverpool show was a bit pants after RPW at the weekend. I guess I got used to seeing them go all out. Like comparing a WWE house show to a PPV. If they bring Joe, Finn and Shinski up with the brand split. It will leave the NXT roster pretty thin and not convinced they will be able to pull a crowd if they tour like this for a little while.

I made it to the show after being released from hospital at 6.20 I got to the Echo just in time to see Hugo Knox slip off the top rope.

Was it worth the eventual blood poisoning I'll get to see Nakamura. Fucking right it was. That entrance brings a tear to my eye and chills up my spine. The match was ok too. Thought some of the crowd were a touch odd. The "pull his pants down" "lick his bum" chant put me right off the match I was watching.

I didn't hear that LICK HIS BUM chant but my mate's group were right in the thick of it and said it was a bit awkward. Good seeing Samoa Joe respond to the "give us a wave!" chant with a middle finger too.

Fun show overall, no complaints. American Alpha were brilliant, women's tag was a good laugh and seeing Nakamura live was worth the ticket price alone. Weird that they had Balor give Brookside that big tribute at the end and not have him come out. He was wandering about all night by the entrance. 

Need to sort out a few of those entrance videos, though. That team who looked like Ian Rotten and Dave Lister walking out nameless to a shot of a camera flying down a road and Nikki Storm having a gif of some clouds. At least stick the name in there!

oh yeah, fucking hell - seeing that clip of Snitsky giving a baby a Nayim from the halfway line in between matches was wonderful

• Paid Members

Considering the high quality of entrance music in NXT, I'm hoping that's not the final cut of Bobby Roode's theme. Really generic, boring music. I did get a huge kick out of him dancing with No Way Jose, only to cheap shot him from behind though. Bobby's got some rhythm!

• Paid Members

Video and music for Bobby is just something they grabbed quickly, that should be obvious.

Show was great fun. Bayley is the best babyface in the company. Lengthy post on that later. Crowd was quiet at times, irreverent at others. Sat next to an annoying chirpy Scouse kid who kept repeating "We're the best crowd in the world" with lots of phlegm.

Main event was THAT tag team match between the four top ticket sellers. If it was built to whet the appetite for an eventual Joe vs Nakamura match... mission accomplished.

• Paid Members

Bayley is the best babyface in the company. Lengthy post on that later.

I've thought for a while that she'll be the one to take over from Cena in terms of mass appeal & merch potential. She resonates with practically everyone. When you see young girls & blokes in their thirties wearing the 'hugger' shirts you know you're sitting on a gold mine.

• Paid Members
 blokes in their thirties wearing the 'hugger' shirts

This unnerves me anytime I see these sort of cunts in said apparel.

Even my 15 year old son asked me "Are they paedos or something, da?" and that's no joke.

It's wrong and it's weird and it's not cool or ironic, despite what they think. Fuckin hipsters. They should stick to their Urban Outfitter socks, eating in restaurants that serve lunch out of a garden bird feeder, being served by some cunt with a hoop in their earlobe stretched down to their neck and a tattoo of a bowtie on his wrist.

I'm sorry, it's something I have a major issue with, is that fucking shirt on a man!

Archived