NXT Tour & Download Festival - June 2016

biggs

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The matches from last night were (no results here, but spoilered in case they do duplicates at any point on the tour, but I doubt they will):

Hugo Knox v. Sawyer Fulton (who had a new look/gimmick. Looked like something from Battlefield Earth)

Nikki Storm v. Peyton Royce

Baron Corbin v Angelo Dawkins v Alexander Wolfe

Whilst some of the bigger names were not performing last night, they are scheduled for the other periods over the weekend

Assume Michael is talking about

Bobby Roode, who was a pretty cool surprise yesterday afternoon. Though he looked thoroughly uninterested in being there I thought.

And for the spoiler that was mentioned earlier:

Triple H didn't appear on the NXT show (the afternoon one anyway, no idea about the evening) but instead appeared as a surprise on the main stage directly after Megadeth. Was incredibly cool. Got his full entrance theme and Titan Tron and got a great reaction. He was being presented with an award from Metal Hammer in memory of Lemmy and cut a great babyface promo talking about Lemmy and hyping NXT. It was funny seeing him come on stage and look and sound completely in his comfort zone, while there are bands who have been playing for years (including Dave Mustaine, who mumbled his way through Triple H's introduction) who are nowhere near that level of interaction with the crowd.

In terms of NXT I can't say I was all that impressed with the show I saw. It all just felt a bit Butlins, with virtually every match deteriorating into comedy spots. Understandable I guess as they'd be trying to appeal to non-fans too, but it felt more like going to see a local Indy than anything. Ended up leaving during the main event to beat the queues to the toilets.

That's what you get with alot of stuff that won't make it to TV, saves the guys taking uneccessary bumps night in night out. Especially when they've hot as many shows as they do over the next week and coming off of doing Takeover on Wednesday then a set of tapings on Thursday then straight on a plane over here.

Got to say though, very happy I'm not camping at Download

8CAA20A6-B130-48FD-9C1B-3F79F084811C_zps

Archived