NXT Tour & Download Festival - June 2016

biggs

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That particular Gashtonbury was a pain in the arse.

I didn't go, but I'd just bought myself a new tent to use later in the year when my best mate convinced me to let him use it first because he was going to Gashtonbury. It weren't cheap, either, and I never took it out of the packaging.

Only time I ever saw it was floating away on the news. You could see my mate in the background with a can of Fosters pissing himself laughing, too, whilst the newsreader over the top was talking about how many people had nowhere to sleep that night. Bollocks.

Yeah. I hear the 2012 one was a light shower compared to that. I had a couple of friends who went that year. On the Friday, they had to open the Main Arena gates late because they had to take some signs and stuff down and a couple of undercard bands had to be jettisoned because they were unable to give them a new slot. And it didn't help one of them got his phone and wallet nicked on the last day after Black Sabbath

Yeah. I hear the 2012 one was a light shower compared to that. I had a couple of friends who went that year. On the Friday, they had to open the Main Arena gates late because they had to take some signs and stuff down and a couple of undercard bands had to be jettisoned because they were unable to give them a new slot. And it didn't help one of them got his phone and wallet nicked on the last day after Black Sabbath

Some bands got moved as round to different stages later in the day and others got bumped completly. But yeah, Fridays was more heavier than that year and lasted much longer also, 2012 just had very strong winds to go with general rain. Fridays was similar to the time that Billy a Idol ruined it for the whole event in 2010 on the final, the twat

Last time I went was 2012 and stayed in a hotel but remember it being a quagmire. Seen photos from friends and it was definately worse but I don't this Download can flood like Glastonbury the area is not prone to flooding, it's got an airport and a racetrack 2 things you don't want on a flood plain

Archived