NXT Tour & Download Festival - June 2016

biggs

During the NXT/Global Cruiser conference call, Triple H announced...

"We will start off June 10 to 12 at the Download Festival, which is just an amazing music festival in the UK, hundreds of thousands of people.

"We will go through the UK after that - Belfast, Dublin, Liverpool, Bournemouth and Plymouth."

The remaining dates and venues beyond Download are yet to be confirmed, but the Mirror understands they will follow on during the week after the festival, and may also include a show in London.

From the Mirror.co.uk.

Definitely not a Takeover this time - the next one is set for June 8th in Orlando.

Still, quite a time for wrestling over here... even if the second city announced is most definitely not in the UK!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah fuck fuck fuck. Delayed my visit hone to see the folks for a month to July no way I can get back now to see the Bournemouth show. Hopefully it's in the 02 arena not the bic but I guess it's up to the ££££ they think they can make

Will be in the BIC. Way bigger. Think the O2 only hosts around just over 1000 for a gig with standing.

Not sure if it was here or not but last year when I suggested they'd do Download people where giving me tons of shit saying never in a billion years.

• Paid Members

Whilst Liverpool is certainly easier for me to get to, living in the city centre, I'll still be a bit disappointed if they don't go back to Blackpool. That venue was spectacular and the crowd were incredible. It seemed the perfect setting for them to do a Takeover event.

About time Plymouth gets a WWE show. I don't think the city has ever had one. Just the thought of Shinsuke Nakamura wrestling in Plymouth is too surreal for me.

I assume it's in the Pavilions. There's also the Guildhall, which has held wrestling events for decades, but it's probably too small of a venue to host NXT.

Annoying if these dates are correct, as i'll not be able to make Liverpool due to that being the day we'll be returning home from Download, and all the other dates are too far away.. The Mrs would not be an easy sell on heading straight to Liverpool on the Monday, then home from NXT. Lol.

Or go see them AT Download instead ?

Oh i will, that's for sure. But the reality i they will likely clash with the music, as i dont see NXT running shows at Midnight in the campsite like Progress. So there's a very real chance i'll be preoccupied. So being able to catch a date on the tour too would have been cool. Had a great time at Blackpool and Takeover last year.

Archived