UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Tate give off a real weird vibe right from her walk out. Majority of the time she was on screen she seemed to be somewhere else throughout. I know she just made weight but her abs/stomach area was noticeably fleshy. Something gone on there.

• Paid Members

i avoided everything due to being at a wedding Saturday into Sunday and needing to catch up on the TUF Finale and the Euro's last night so i only watched this morning. Thankfully i wasn't the only one who felt the whole thing was flat, the show just lacked energy and excitement for me, very weird. It didn't help that nothing really delivered as promised, to have that many great matchups on a card and not have close to resembling something i'd consider worthy of a FOTN sums it up.

Don't really know what else to say, couple of good performances and that's about it. Color me underwhelmed :(

24/48 hours away from things now, I can't help but still feel dissapointed. It was further hurt by it starting of fairly entertaining. The Aldo/Edgar fight and Cain/Travis fight where both really good fun, everything went down hill from there.

• Paid Members

I didn't feel underwhelmed because I watched it for Lesnar and I'm a pretty casual UFC follower these days. I can see why others are though. Nothing about it felt any different to the hundred other UFC PPVs I've watched. I've come sympathy with them over the card given they lost Jones and fell out with Conor. The rest though, is on them. If all they could think to spice it up was an ugly yellow canvas, they're crazy.

• Paid Members

The yellow canvas was hilarious. I got the impression they wanted Gold and somebody fucked up a colour picker tool and ended up with a 'custard yellow'

I doubt they used photoshop to pick the colour - most likely fabric swatches.

It was a horrible colour though - made the whole thing look cheap & nasty. Would have preferred they mic the crowd, built a stage, & bought some pyros instead of the other bits they did.

And give Joe Rogan a working mic for his first interview.

• Paid Members

Yeah, while not as showy as they used to do it, something with a bit of pageantry like PRIDE would have had at the start of the show wouldn't have gone amiss.

Yeah, they just projected video onto a round curtain, which came out all crooked & distorted, and the crowd was dead. Very anti-climactic. The opposite of Wrestlemania.

UFC%20200.png

stadiumevent_0120met.jpg?w=1000

• Moderators

Why do people keep saying Lesnar gassed in R2? He didn't - he always looks red; sweats like fuck. He wasn't even breathing heavy after the round in his corner. And then he was fine in R3. You don't perform like that in R3 if you were gassed in R2 - especially at that size.

I was saying the same thing when watching. I think people are forgetting he has always fucking looked like that when fighting. All red faced and glazed eyes - it's standard for him.

I was quite looking forward to that yellow canvas getting splattered with blood. I can definitely say it was not high on the priority list of what would constitute my enjoyability of the show though.

Look, Jon Jones basically just fucked this whole thing up. I thought the prelims were tonnes of fun. I called Pena and she will be champ one day so maybe that had something to do with it. I only really wanted a Brock win out of this whole thing and I try not to expect fireworks from any show because you know how MMA can be. I was only really disappointed that Miesha lost. I am now hoping for a Ronda face turn and utter demolition of Nunes as a result of it though.....

Archived