UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Depends Daz. If Lesnar wins Dana may be wearing his speedos at Wrestlemania in exchange for Lesnar facing Overeem or Stipe for the title - that match will be huge.

I feel the same way Supremo. Was really cold about this last week, but the tremendous promotional job the UFC have done and the mental controversy have combined to make me want to stay up for all of this.

And new colour schemes for the fighter's shorts.

I won't say any more on the event as we're not supposed to have live discussion, but all these little touches add a lot to the excitement, makes everything feel that much more prestigious. I'm beyond excited. Christmas for MMA fans indeed.

Dave Sholler tweeted that they're doing rehearsals for Brock's entrance. I wouldn't think they usually rehearse entrances in UFC, so they must have something cool planned.

Didn't catch the main event, we left, much like most of the crowd in attendance but overall didn't come close to the excitement of the last few shows IMO.

Brock fight was majorly dissapointing and shared a similar style to the Silva/Cormier fight. Lots of just lieing on top, not a lot happening. Aldo Edgar was fun as was Velasquez/Brown.

Not sure how to feel about that show.

Aldo and Cain were both excellent. They both answered questions in regards to their decline. D.C vs Anderson was pretty poor. Once you got over who was involved, and considered the most likely way the fight was going to go, it was to be expected that the fight wouldn't set the world alight.

I thought Lesnar was fucked in the 2nd round. I was expecting any moment for Hunt to turn up the volume and clip him, but it never came. He shut Hunt down in round 1 and 3, and left the verdict beyond question, To come back after 5 years out and score a decisive win like that was impressive. The action was slow and uneventful for the most part, but the knowledge that a finish could be a split second away at any time, kept the audience on the edge of their seats. 

The Main Event reeked of the UFC's 10 Anniversary show in 2003, where they headlined with Matt Hughes vs Frank Trigg. Sure it was a fight that delivered entertainment, but it was woefully out of its depth headlining such a major show. If they wanted to headline with a title fight, I think Aldo vs Edgar would have been the better option. Aldo is at least an all-time great, and Edgar isn't far off. 

The show belonged to Brock though. He was easily the biggest star on the show.

All in all, given the occasion, an underwhelming show. Prelims were good, but not great. Almost everything was forgettable - aside from the crowd pissing themselves when a 69 position occurred. Rather fitting that the show doesn't live up to expectations after the 'curse' of the whole event.

Brock did really well considering the circumstances, did what he needed to do. Hunt cost himself though with his lack of strikes whilst still on his feet.

Cormier did nothing to gain himself any new fans, pretty awful performance in what was a lose-lose fight for him.

Roll on UFC 202!

• Paid Members

Average show. Impressed with Brock, Cain, Aldo, and Nunes.

Hated the tacky yellow canvas - looked like Gladiator Challenge. And the shitty low-energy intro where they projected some crooked images onto a curtain. Didn't feel it at all. The crowd sounded dead for the entire show - every single bit - WTF was going on?

The crowd sounded dead for the entire show - every single bit - WTF was going on?

I noticed this most during Hunt's entrance.
Journalists in attendance on Twitter suggested this was just bad mic setup.

Archived