UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It's definitely an odd turn that they were going OTT with crowning Jones the new GOAT upon his return, having toned down all that talk for Silva when he got caught. Now Jones is the new cheat Silva is now their new GOAT again.

I give the nod for that title to GSP and perhaps Velasquez, should he remain fit and get his belt back.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So, USADA and Brock, eh?

Tainted supplement, bro.

Is 'tainted Supplements' becoming the new TRT for excuses to work the system?

Always has been.

Seems to work as well - Joel Romero & Tim Means just used it & got off. USADA seem good at catching people, but shit at dishing out the punishments they promised. 

• Paid Members

I was genuinely a bit devastated when I read this on Saturday morning. Lesnar is the reason i started watching MMA and this pretty much ruins his great return story.

I'm not surprised though. If there is one bloke you fancy is juiced out their tits, it's the freakish-looking 39 year old current pro wrestler who came back after 5 years and dominated Mark Hunt.

Bloody BOOOOOOOO!

• Paid Members

"Joel" Romero & Tim Means got 6 months suspensions for their drug failure, so they didn't get off with it. It's a black mark on their record. 

6 months - average wait time between fights for most people anyway. A nothing punishment. Was supposed to be 2 years.

"Joel" Romero & Tim Means got 6 months suspensions for their drug failure, so they didn't get off with it. It's a black mark on their record. 

6 months - average wait time between fights for most people anyway. A nothing punishment. Was supposed to be 2 years.

It's still a punishment though, isn't it? I actually think it fits the crime if the fighter can prove that the banned substance isn't even on the list of ingredients of the supplement they take.

You can't really fault them there, can you? 

• Paid Members

It's still a punishment though, isn't it? I actually think it fits the crime if the fighter can prove that the banned substance isn't even on the list of ingredients of the supplement they take.

6 months is a light slap on the wrist. It's supposed to be 2 years. The fighters are supposed to be responsible for what they put in their bodies. But we haven't seen that happen yet - we still get the bullshit "tainted supplement" excuses, and USADA are actually buying it too & letting everyone off.

6 months is a light slap on the wrist. It's supposed to be 2 years. The fighters are supposed to be responsible for what they put in their bodies. But we haven't seen that happen yet - we still get the bullshit "tainted supplement" excuses, and USADA are actually buying it too & letting everyone off.

Is it bullshit though? The instances where fighters have gotten reduced sentences have seen USADA source a sealed sample of the supplement from the manufacturer, look at the ingredients, run expensive, independent tests on the contents and find that the banned substance is in the supplement but mentioned nowhere in any ingredients list.

How do you expect a fighter to know what's inside the supplement when it's not mentioned on the list of ingredients? You want them to run batch testing on everything they take? Pay for a lab to do it for them? Come on.

One good thing is that as USADA uncover these supplements that are causing the issue they add them to the banned list, meaning that any fighter in future will know.

USADA don't just throw up a flag on a whim. When questioned about two of Lance Armstrong's positive tests from 2009 and 2010, they put forward that it was almost impossible that he was clean. Like the Tour De France was throughout the 90's and early 00's, I think MMA has been somewhat of a PED league for over a decade.

Jeff Sherwood and Greg Savage estimated in 2008 that around 75-80% of fighters are on some sort of PED. It's always been something that I've believed in but put aside while watching. Latest events suggest that USADA's testing is catching out more and more users. I'm sure there will be the odd case where a fighter has unknowingly taken something, but it'll be the minority. Fighters can deploy methods to stay ahead of USADA's testing. I'd recommend the Armstrong Lie Documentary to see how a sport can get that way, and the methods used to cover things up (including intervention from regulatory bodies like the UFC has been accused of)

• Paid Members

Is it bullshit though? The instances where fighters have gotten reduced sentences have seen USADA source a sealed sample of the supplement from the manufacturer, look at the ingredients, run expensive, independent tests on the contents and find that the banned substance is in the supplement but mentioned nowhere in any ingredients list.

How do you expect a fighter to know what's inside the supplement when it's not mentioned on the list of ingredients? You want them to run batch testing on everything they take? Pay for a lab to do it for them? Come on.

One good thing is that as USADA uncover these supplements that are causing the issue they add them to the banned list, meaning that any fighter in future will know.

The got the "sealed" sample from Yomero.

Archived