WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Can't for the life of me remember how Fallout 3 ended, I think I just cracked on with Broken Steel straight after which continued the main story. Point Lookout, I think it's called, is a brilliant expansion.

Careful when playing through New Vegas- annoyingly after the final mission the game ends and you can't carry on and finish your side missions.

Without sounding like a bell, when does it get good in Fallout 3? I remember buying it for a tenner new in an Asda clearance when it was still relatively new but losing interest in it. I made my character, and got to a bit with a preacher and a bomb.

That is right at the very beginning. From what I recall, pretty much as soon as you move on from that place (Megapolis is it?) it gets interesting and you start to have paths to follow.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
Can't for the life of me remember how Fallout 3 ended, I think I just cracked on with Broken Steel straight after which continued the main story. Point Lookout, I think it's called, is a brilliant expansion.

Careful when playing through New Vegas- annoyingly after the final mission the game ends and you can't carry on and finish your side missions.

Without sounding like a bell, when does it get good in Fallout 3? I remember buying it for a tenner new in an Asda clearance when it was still relatively new but losing interest in it. I made my character, and got to a bit with a preacher and a bomb.

That is right at the very beginning. From what I recall, pretty much as soon as you move on from that place (Megapolis is it?) it gets interesting and you start to have paths to follow.

Spoiler, obviously:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

You either choose to irradiate yourself, or the assistant. It's pretty anticlimactic and shitty imo

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I have played Skyrim and while I enjoyed it very much I enjoyed Oblivion about 10x more. I know that's an unpopular opinion but I just thought Oblivion had much more character and was generally alot more fun. I wasn't a big fan of the dragons or the civil war storyline in Skyrim though I think it's usually the fun side quests that make these games. Fallout 3 is on to get list, the thing I love so much about NV is how you can take many different paths to the same goal, iv'e put about 40 hours in and still have alot left to do. Thanks for the heads up about completing the sidequests before the main one. Had no idea that would happen so i'll be sure to leave that out.

• Paid Members

New Vegas is amazing but so fucking buggy it makes it difficult to play sometimes. And those flying wasp things that poison you if they hit you are my most hated computer game enemies of all time.

I'm still holding out for Yakuza 5 to find its way over here

Have SEGA shown any indication that they are interested in bringing Yakuza 5 over? Other than some Atlus rumors that I believe turned out to be false I don't think there have been any signs from SEGA. Only slim chance I ever see of us getting Yakuza 5 is digital only which seems to be happening more often with niche games these days.

• Paid Members

Got a cheap second hand PS3, plowed through Uncharted, which I thought was a lot of fun (The last Tomb Raider game seems to have taken a lot from it) Have got the two sequels to get through but started The Last Of Us and played for a couple of hours. I missed most of the hype for it on release, mainly due to not having a Playstation, but so far its been fantastic. The opening sequence was really well done.

• Paid Members

The Last of Us is amazing. I can't wait for the remastered version coming out at the end of the month. I never got round to the multiplayer or the DLC so I'm looking forward to playing them for the first time.

You're in for a treat with Uncharted 2 as well, chokeout. I was never that keen on the first (the bullet-sponge enemies, the spike in difficulty towards the end and those fucking jet-ski parts!). 2 improves on everything. 3's more of the same.

• Paid Members

Decided to try Football Manager again after 3 or 4 years out and borrowed my brothers copy of Football Manager 13 only to find there's now Steam running on it so I can't use his code. Is there any way around this? I can't find a way to buy a new key officially and don't really trust the sites claiming to sell unused keys (although would try if someone vouched for them).

I enjoy the game play on Watch Dogs but the storyline and characters are completely uninteresting to me. I just like taking out gangs with the hacking and slow motion headshots with the silenced pistol. Very satisfying.

It's disappointing how it doesn't feel next gen though, rain and water look nice as do the explosions but apart from it feels rushed. Standing in front of a mirrored surface and not seeing your guy in the reflection is weird when games have done it going back 14 years or more.. (Deus Ex)

I played Outlast for about an hour a few weeks ago and will play more when I'm feeling braver. With headphones and in the dark it's easily the scariest game I've played. Without a weapon or any way to fight, you feel completely helpless.

• Paid Members

Wolfenstein on Xbox One. A pretty decent story ruined by shoddy game play. There's not even feedback when you get shot, so you just die and don't know how or where from. Basic stuff.

I got the free Street Fighter 4 arcade edition thing on Games With Gold and I'm awful at it. Any tips? Should I choose one character and stick to them, learn their moves etc or should I just ask for a refund?

• Paid Members
I got the free Street Fighter 4 arcade edition thing on Games With Gold and I'm awful at it. Any tips? Should I choose one character and stick to them, learn their moves etc or should I just ask for a refund?

I've logged about a million SF2 hours (not played any of the new versions), and from all of my past plays, it's best to shop around, see what character best suits their style, and then get them down pat, iirc.