UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did Aldo not release a statement saying he would fight McGregor any time and any place not long ago? Looks like a right dick now if he's turned it down.

Not that I blame him for turning it down but a daft statement to make if you're going to knock it back.

Yeah, any time and place so long as there's at least eight weeks of advance notice.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's got to be Cerrone or Diaz. And with Diaz saying Conor should "beg", I wouldn't be surprised if Conor lobbies for the Cowboy fight instead now just to fuck Nate out of his red panty payday.

I'd love either fight, to be fair. But McGregor vs Cerrone would be a better actual fight, I reckon. Nate looked great against Michael Johnson but he'll look like that one fight then utter shit the next. I wouldn't fancy either Nate or Cerrone against McGregor but I think Cowboy would make more a better actual fight. Nate probably brings a better build up but, with less than two weeks to play with, they're isn't going to be much time to build it up anyway.

Oh and Cerrone can more than hold his own in the hyping up a fight stakes anyway.

At the Go Big press conference;

"He comes up to 155 I'm gonna bend his little ass over and knock the fucking Lucky Charms out of him."

And on Joe Rogan's podcast;

"Conor McGregor can blow me like a cup of hot soup."

:laugh:

Love Cowboy. I'd love to just watch him and McGregor rip the piss out of each other at the press conference.

Thing for me is that Diaz isn't even in camp, is he? At least cowboy is fresh off a fight and should be in fight shape.

I actually think that Cerrone spanks McGregor within a round to be honest. He's fucking huge for the weight class and he's a good striker with a decent groundgame.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't count Cerrone out at all but he's a bit of a slow starter sometimes. It can take him a while to get in his rhythm in some fights. And McGregor's the opposite in that he's one of the strongest starters in the game. That'd be my concern with Cowboy. But you never know. He'd have the size as you say, plus his leg kicks could possibly give McGregor some hassle. It's the best fight available IMO anyway.

Just heard. Bit of an elbow into the ribs. 

I actually think that Cerrone spanks McGregor within a round to be honest. He's fucking huge for the weight class and he's a good striker with a decent groundgame.

You're underestimating McGregor, and overestimating Cerrone.

Both Pettis and RDA blew Cerrone away early. Lesser fighter like Barboza and Guillard had him in all sorts of trouble. Nate Diaz outboxed him for 3 rounds. None of these are going to much bigger than McGregor would be at 155lbs. None of them are outright better strikers than McGregor either. 

Cerrone has beaten a lot of decent fighters, but usually comes unglued against elite level talent. His best wins are a disputed decision over Bendo, and a 2 rounds to 1 win over Alvarez. 

• Paid Members

The problem with Khabib is that his basically a forgotten man. He hasn't fought in god knows how long and whilst hardcore mma know who he is, there is absolutely no upside for the ufc to accept that request. Plus, he more than likely rag dolls McGregor.

Faber is gutsy but McGregor would have a field day with him.

Looking on Twitter, seems Nate Diaz is all but confirmed.

Fucking hell, this is going to be incredible.

It presents me with a quandary, though. Nate flipping the bird has been my phone wallpaper for a long time, but now? It might be time to drop him.

• Paid Members

Looking on Twitter, seems Nate Diaz is all but confirmed.

Fucking hell, this is going to be incredible.

It presents me with a quandary, though. Nate flipping the bird has been my phone wallpaper for a long time, but now? It might be time to drop him.

96IE3xP.jpg

• Paid Members

Selfishly, I prefer the Diaz fight because he'll be in worse shape than Cerrone, who's just fought, so there's a better chance of Conor winning and the ride continuing.

What a fucking fight though! I can't wait! Who has the reach advantage? It must be close.

Apparently Nate's said he'll take it at 165lbs.

That could stack the deck against Conor, that's 10lbs heavier than he meant to fight at. If I was him, I'd maybe try and meet them in the middle at 160.

In a hilarious 'Conor' moment, apparently when Dana gave him a rundown of potential stand-ins for RDA, he just responded 'couldn't give a fuck'

Archived