Sometimes weird shit happens when I go to sleep

stumobir

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only had the sleep paralysis once and it terrified me. I didn't see anything supernatural or freaky, I just woke up but couldn't move my body and heard a ringing noise in my ears, I honestly thought I was dying or something as I just couldn't move at all, I think everyone experiences this at least a few times in there lifetime but trust me when it happens it will shit you up and you won't ever forget it. 

• Paid Members

Anyone heard those stories of some sleep paralysis sufferers, that they see fucking demons looking over them as they cant move? Never happened to me, but I swear poo would drip out of my underpants if that ever happened.

This top 5 is freaky.

Definitely. For a morning after my first bout of it, I was convinced that ghosts actually existed. Then I looked it up and found it was the hallucinations from sleep paralysis. :thumbsup:

Definitely. For a morning after my first bout of it, I was convinced that ghosts actually existed. Then I looked it up and found it was the hallucinations from sleep paralysis. :thumbsup:

Sorry to clog this thread up, but this has reminded me of when I woke up and was hallucinating that my brother's mate was at the end of the top of my bunk bed watching me. It didn't look like anyone I knew but my sleepy self assumed it must be my brother's mate and then I went to lay down again. Then the logic kicked in and I started wondering what the fuck was going on. I raised my head looked at him again for a bit then when I logically realised he couldn't possibly be stood in that position as it was too cramped, he dissolved.

I suffer from sleep paralysis quite regularly and it is fucking awful. On some occasions it feels like I am levitating and suddenly crash back to bed. The worst though is when you are mentally awake but can't move your limbs and can't speak. My longest paralysis must have lasted five minutes and I was in hysterics when I was able to move.

One of my fears is that hospital fuck-up where they give you enough muscle relaxants so you can't move, but they don't KO you so you can still feel all the cuts. I'd love the compo though.

I've not had sleep paralysis as far as I can remember, but I do wake up screaming with leg cramps now and again. And the sleep apnea could kill me any night.

I suffer from sleep paralysis quite regularly and it is fucking awful. On some occasions it feels like I am levitating and suddenly crash back to bed. The worst though is when you are mentally awake but can't move your limbs and can't speak. My longest paralysis must have lasted five minutes and I was in hysterics when I was able to move.

I forgot to mention that I was trying to shout/talk/cry for help in panic but nothing was happening. Terrifying on so many levels. I think its linked to stress/lack of sleep and several other things which I was going through at the time, I never heard of sleep paralysis until it happened either but would like to think I would be calmer if it happened again (alright, maybe not). 

I'm not exactly sure what you would class this as, but not long after I started my anti depressents/anxiety meds I was in bed asleep and I was then very aware that I was dreaming. I was at a point where I felt completely weightless and I felt like I was tumbling over but in extremely slow motion. I knew I was asleep and I knew I was dreaming, but I didn't want to wake up. When I did I was half hanging out of bed, head first and the opposite side to where I sleep.

I've not had anything like it since. Weirdest sensation I've ever had.

• Paid Members

I posted about this on here before years and years ago.

I have "suffered" with sleep paralysis since I was a kid. I get it about two or three times a night on a good night - dead up - every night and it doesn't get any less frightening.

Sometimes, there are ways to hit lucid dreaming through it. If I wind up calming my pots and accepting what's going on is in my head then I can go into a deep dream and dream about what I want to dream about...which is bizarre, but that only happens about 5% of the time.

There was once, where I swear to good Lord, I could clearly hear this ominous hick music on a scratched record looping the same line and tune over and over again accompanied by screaming and growling, as I was lying there trying to move and scream and feeling cunts grabbing my chest and I thought I was genuinely in heck. I really, truly did. That one haunted me for days, and I can still remember the line "Jesse don't talk no more, he's just nothing now...".

The earliest I remember was when I was about 5 (I know this because I was living in Artane in Dublin at the time, and we moved out of there when I was about 6 or 7) and I had a dream that me and E.T locked the devil in my shed. I woke up and was frozen stiff and heard my door open, footsteps and something thrashing at my back and growling and speaking in fucking tongues.

I was 5, and not being a lunatic, but that's why I believe in something else because there's no way a five year old who had only been exposed to fucking Muppet Babies, Care Bears and ET could conjure up something like that from his imagination.

Sorry for the ramble, but ol' Branquey here gets you beautiful fucks who suffer from it...

• Paid Members

Really glad other people get that weird jumping thing when falling asleep. The other thing I get is when I'll occassionally answer my missus out loud only to ralise she's fast asleep next to me. It's like I've woken from a dream but not quite realised it.

Archived