Sometimes weird shit happens when I go to sleep

stumobir

• Paid Members

I would occasionally indulge in a couple of my old man's tramadols if I was having a particularly boring evening but I had a few episodes of sleep paralysis after taking them and if anyone's every experienced that fucked up shit they'll attest it's enough to put you off anything.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Most of the time that's what I have. The rare occassion it feels like my legs are being pulled. Really frightening. Last time it happened was about 2009, though. I remember Everton were playing Chelsea in the cup final that day. Not saying the two events are connected.

Speaking of this topic, anyone have been half asleep and then suddenly your body does a jump as if you are attempting a Shawn Michaels nip-up?

Most of the time that's what I have. The rare occassion it feels like my legs are being pulled. Really frightening. Last time it happened was about 2009, though. I remember Everton were playing Chelsea in the cup final that day. Not saying the two events are connected.

Speaking of this topic, anyone have been half asleep and then suddenly your body does a jump as if you are attempting a Shawn Michaels nip-up?

Haven't had the feeling of being pulled, that definitely sounds very weird. I remember one time I must have subconsciously fought against the sleep paralysis and that's a weird experience too since as you're in a paralyzed state, you are fighting against something you don't really have any control over so you're trying to turn over in bed but don't have any power to do so as you can't move. 

I've had that thing before when you like fall over in a dream and it makes you jump, it's usually me falling off a curb, or falling over on a bus for some reason. That hasn't happened for quite a while though. 

I have the spasm and the sudden scream/Yelp. The wife loves that. I fight against sleep paralysis maybe 2/3 times a year. It genuinely feels like you're suffocating and can't do anything about it. Bloody awful. You watch it'll happen tonight now..,

Anyway, the deep web

• Paid Members

Never had sleep paralysis, but I'll often have a single random spasm. Often they're linked to my dream, where either I'm falling or being hit with the something, and my body will spasm in sync with the dreamed impact.

• Paid Members

The times I've had it it's always the same situation, I'm lying in bed and there's a presence over by the door, nothing distinct but a really ominous presence and I can't move at all or shout or do anything. It's literally (in the literal sense of the word) the most terrifying experience ever. Wake up with my heart racing a million beats per second and my bed soaked in sweat, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not had it for a few years THANK FUCK, there's a documentary out about it but I'm honestly too afraid to watch it incase it triggers it again. Apparently you can learn to control it and turn it in to some kind of lucid dream but I'd rather stick to the safe, illogical, weird shit I'm used to dreaming.

I hate sleep paralysis. Anyone had the dragging sensation before? Frightens the life out of me. Proper head under the blankets stuff until I funny wake up and realise everyone is alright.

I don't know if we're on the same page here, but I've had the feeling of falling through my bed fairly recently. Falling very slowly, knowing I'm in my bed, but unable to do anything about it. It's quite a claustrophobic feeling. Even though I knew I was in my bed, I must have still been asleep because I was convinced I was awake and trying to open my bedroom door from my bed but very falling as though I was in quicksand. Then I woke up with a start and felt a sensation in my chest - not exactly aching, but definitely a physical sensation. Weird as fuck.

Me and a couple of mates had taken MD on the Friday, tried to have mushroom tea on the Saturday (which had no effect probably because of the night before, or it was dud) and ended up having some more MD that night instead. I wouldn't normally do it in such a short space, but the mushrooms had disappointed us. It was surely too much and the cause of it. The Monday was when it happened and one of my mates had the same thing - I had it two nights in a row, he had it three.

Anyone heard those stories of some sleep paralysis sufferers, that they see fucking demons looking over them as they cant move? Never happened to me, but I swear poo would drip out of my underpants if that ever happened.

This top 5 is freaky.

Not 100% sure if it was sleep paralysis related, but one time I had this dream about this really tall demonic type creature who put their face up close to mine whilst I was laying down as if to scare me, so there could be something in those stories.

but I've had the feeling of falling through my bed fairly recently. Falling very slowly, knowing I'm in my bed, but unable to do anything about it. It's quite a claustrophobic feeling. Even though I knew I was in my bed, I must have still been asleep because I was convinced I was awake and trying to open my bedroom door from my bed but very falling as though I was in quicksand. Then I woke up with a start and felt a sensation in my chest - not exactly aching, but definitely a physical sensation. Weird as fuck.

That's very weird and I've had something a little similar. Where a few months back where I was laying in bed and it felt like I had a sudden huge surge of electricity  go thru my body and it felt like I was actually falling thru my bed (if that makes sense). When I woke up my heart was racing quite a bit, it's happened only a few times, last time was about 10+ years ago, but that was even more weird than the sleep paralysis I've experienced. 

But if anyone's getting those jump type sensations, I found out they are called Hypnic Jerk although on rare occasions they can be epileptic myoclonus.

Archived