Sometimes weird shit happens when I go to sleep

stumobir

I read about a short film featuring a character with no skin not long before bed last night. My dream last night had 3 skinless people in it. At least there's no deeper meaning behind that one, but given that nothing freaks me out more than skinless people I didn't enjoy it much. I know it's nothing compared to sleep paralysis but these all too vivid dreams are starting to fuck with my head.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not had the paralysis for a few years now but I do occasionally jolt just as I'm nodding off. Wife thinks it's funny because my whole body jumps up. Takes an age to get back to sleep though. What's the reason?

• Paid Members

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time. It was fucking terrifying. The bed shaking, levitating and/or spinning was all pretty fucked up but it was not even being able to scream that really fucked me up, especially when I could sense *something* coming towards me.

For about ten years, I genuinely thought it was a ghost but I never told anybody, in case they thought I was mental. Eventually I spoke to my brother about it and he explained it, and I felt like a twat for keeping it to myself for so long. After that I stopped sleeping on my back, and I've very rarely had it since.

In saying that, I did have a weird experience recently. I "woke up" and there was a guy standing in my bed. Not on it but literally *in* it: His legs disappeared when they reached the mattress, like a ghost. I wasn't paralysed though, and in fact, I got up and asked him what the fuck he was doing, and tried to shove him, at which point, he casually sent me flying across the room. It sounds like it was only a dream, and it might well have been, but it just didn't feel like one. It was far more vivid than a regular dream but not the same as reality. For example, getting knocked across the room didn't hurt at all. It just humiliating and made me realise that I was completely out of my league.

I've heard of sleep paralysis and some of the other stuff mentioned before but had no idea it was so common. Of the people who suffer from the 'dark' dreams and seeing figures in their sleep, I wonder how many frequently watch horror movies? I've read there's a correlation between people watching TV and the type of dreams they have. I don't watch horror films or any kind of gore (discounting Rhyno!) and don't have anything like that.

Actually, when I used to come off the booze I'd sometimes have vivid and darks dreams but that was it really.

• Paid Members

I've heard of sleep paralysis and some of the other stuff mentioned before but had no idea it was so common. Of the people who suffer from the 'dark' dreams and seeing figures in their sleep, I wonder how many frequently watch horror movies? I've read there's a correlation between people watching TV and the type of dreams they have. I don't watch horror films or any kind of gore (discounting Rhyno!) and don't have anything like that.

I don't watch any horror movies at all, it's not really my thing. The exception to that rule is that I do watch The Walking Dead and I've had loads of zombie dreams in the past when I've been watching that. No other kind of movie or TV has this effect on me.

What about the other end of the scale? I sleep like a rock once I pass out. I don't fall asleep, just pass out and wake up when the tablet smacks me in the face or an hour or so later after I've gone to sleep feeling like I've slept a week. It then takes a good portion of the night to get back to sleep too.

I don't dream either, I can't remember the last time I actually have dreamt.

I take tramadol for my back as it is fucked with a capital F.

I have mega spazims where i just can't stop my body from jolting.

I also have conversations with me self thats always abit fun

Archived