Oh fuck - Lemmy's dead!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Even though he's 70, and he's been ill for a while, this has totally caught me off guard.

I probably knew of the legend of his immortality before I'd even bought my first Motorhead album (Iron Fist, on vinyl, back in 1991).

It just seems so unlikely.

• Paid Members

Yeah, he done well for himself, all things considered. It was only the other day I saw lovable Jim Norton tweet a pic from Lemmy's 70 birthday party and my immediate reaction was "How the hell did he make 70?!". Guess old father time was thinking that too.

"The Game" is still a belter. Kudos.

• Paid Members

Sad news, arguably the most iconic rock star ever. The death seems to have been a long time coming, and whilst it was sad seeing the man continuing on in ill health it almost seemed appropriate, an absolute trooper. Everyone who loves rock music loves Lemmy, Motorhead fan or not.

• Paid Members

Absolutely crap way to start a day. Motorhead were one of the 4/5 bands that really got me in to music and Lemmy was one of those absolutely impossible characters that you really thought was going to live forever. In many respects, he will. RIP you mad bastard.

• Paid Members

A sad day. I'm so glad I got to see Motorhead last year. They really tore it up. My Dad was briefly a roadie for Hawkwind when Lemmy was in the band. By all accounts he was absolutely the legend you imagine he was.

Archived