UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Bellator have taken a turn for the better under Coker just by getting away from the endless tournaments and just focusing on being more fun. I'm not joking when I say that I'm looking forward to the Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock 3 show more than I've looked forward to pretty much any non-UFC show since Strikeforce shut up shop. I'm not even expecting a good fight, fuck, it was shit in 1995. I just want to see what's going to happen.

I've only just remembered that Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes is on Friday as well! This week is nuts.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fuck, its officially fight week and all the fights are still there.

I started thinking this morning I can start to get excited now, but I then remembered the bloody weigh ins are to come.

These guys better fucking make weight.

• Paid Members

if McGregor wins, the haters will suddenly say that Aldo was old & injured anyway, and he can't beat Edgar or Mendes with a full camp.

Just like all the Captain Hindsights that emerged after the Rousey/Holm fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's going to be the line if McGregor wins. You just know it. That Aldo is declining and breaking down physically. Utter bollocks because he's not showing signs of declining. He's still holding the belt and he's the only man to hold that UFC featherweight belt. And him being injured isn't something new. He's been injury prone for his entire UFC run. His very first UFC fight was delayed through injury. It's not like his recent injuries are evidence of him suddenly falling apart. He's been dominant at 145 despite his injury issues.

So if McGregor beats Aldo on Saturday, he's the man because he beat the man. End of.

But whether it's Saturday night or his next fight or in five years time - when McGregor eventually loses in the UFC, no matter how many guys he knocks out between now and then or what he's accomplished already, there'll be the usual fuckheads out in force saying that it's proof he's shit and was always shit and all hype all along. That one loss will somehow undo the however many wins and render him a bum. It's the way it goes.

• Paid Members

I thinks a waste of oxygen talking about these things though Wand. The simple fact these fans exist and will have an opinion on anything.

We can't avoid them, so it's pointless even talking about them.

Important thing is none of them post here

• Paid Members

And Urijah Faber on the prelims as well.

It is a ridiculous card. Usually on a PPV there's a fight I can't be arsed with, where if I'm watching live I'll use that fight as my opportunity to get a drink or some food or whatever. For example, Stefan Struve vs Jared Rosholt at UFC 193. Shit fight on paper and in practice. I'm going to have to make sure I've got everything I need within arm's reach by the time that crappy 'Face The Pain' remix kicks in for this one though. I don't want to be moving from my sofa during this main card. There's absolutely no filler on this PPV. All five fights are fantastic.

• Paid Members

They were in the Rousey/Holm thread post-fight.

I didn't think it was that bad on here at all. One or two were chiming in with the "Rousey was always overrated" line, but for the most part everybody seemed to post about their shock and follow it up with questions and speculation as to why such a great fighter looked so rubbish against Holm.

Randoms at my work are buzzing about this show and they are as casual as fans come. One was even telling me how he read about Aldo being such a sicknote, which surprised him. Of course, they have no clue about anything other than the main event.

• Paid Members

Completely disagree with you there.

There was a little bit, but not to the level that Wand describes that you get on other sites.

• Paid Members

There was a little bit, but not to the level that Wand describes that you get on other sites.

I don't go on other sites, so my only point of reference is here. Wasn't there a guy on here called Smokin or something?

Yeah, Bellator have taken a turn for the better under Coker just by getting away from the endless tournaments and just focusing on being more fun. I'm not joking when I say that I'm looking forward to the Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock 3 show more than I've looked forward to pretty much any non-UFC show since Strikeforce shut up shop. I'm not even expecting a good fight, fuck, it was shit in 1995. I just want to see what's going to happen.

Agreed.

But disturbingly, I am looking just as forward to Kimbo vs D-Ray 300 as I am Shamrock vs Gracie 3. 

• Paid Members

I don't go on other sites, so my only point of reference is here. Wasn't there a guy on here called Smokin or something?

True, but there was a lot of debate from other people regarding that, and, to be fair to the guy, whilst I completely disagree with his standpoint, he made a pretty good fist of arguing his case; he certainly wasn't one of those rage monsters who post whatever they've bashed out with their foreheads on the keyboard between wanks.

Archived