UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

People often post with a bias against fighters they dislike. Are we all forgetting the posters on here who were all questioning Anderson's injury in the first Sonnen fight AFTER the fucking documentary was released? I'm sure I remember someone claiming Sonnen wasn't doping either & they'd figured out why the NSAC had got it wrong.

Fanboys being fanboys. The UKFF isnt exempt from this nonsense.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

People often post with a bias against fighters they dislike. Are we all forgetting the posters on here who were all questioning Anderson's injury in the first Sonnen fight AFTER the fucking documentary was released? I'm sure I remember someone claiming Sonnen wasn't doping either & they'd figured out why the NSAC had got it wrong.

Fanboys being fanboys. The UKFF isnt exempt from this nonsense.

This is very true, but it does seem to me that, for the most part, people on here are a bit more balanced and fair-minded than the ones you find on other places. One thing in particular that's notable is the digital dick-swinging from the internet hardmen who make all sorts of claims to having martial arts experience as a basis for denigrating or completely dismissing opposing points of view. Whenever I've seen any reference on here to IRL martial arts experience, it's tended to be more constructive and structured so as to inform the debate, rather than to attempt to suppress it.

• Paid Members

Oh absolutely but like many others, this is the only place I come for MMA news & discussion. I used to go to Sherdog years ago but it was horrendous then & I doubt it's improved any since. The Underground seems to be the place where all the self-proclaimed experts go (as well as loads of fighters if Rogan's to be believed) but I imagine that's pretty shocking too.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's going to be the line if McGregor wins. You just know it. That Aldo is declining and breaking down physically. Utter bollocks because he's not showing signs of declining. He's still holding the belt and he's the only man to hold that UFC featherweight belt. And him being injured isn't something new. He's been injury prone for his entire UFC run. His very first UFC fight was delayed through injury. It's not like his recent injuries are evidence of him suddenly falling apart. He's been dominant at 145 despite his injury issues.

true, a couple of years ago though the general consesus on Aldo was that he wasn't what he once was. People always brought up the weight cut and it was always a case of 'he has to goto '55 after this fight', all that talk has gone quiet ever since Conor got into the mix. Chuck in the injuries and the fact that Aldo is coming off an absolute war with Chad Mendes which was 14 months ago and it might be a case of McGregor catching Aldo at the perfect time. If McGregor wins there's no doubt these are the excuses people will point at, but it's just the nature of the sport, im just preparing myself for it :)

• Paid Members

Thanks Supremo, was just about to go looking for those.

I wish they called the hour long episode of Embedded something else, so it's different to these short vids. They may as well call it prime time again really, it's basically the same thing. 

• Paid Members

Regarding Aldo retiring, his training partners are hinting towards it.

Andy Souwer, reportedly one of Aldo's primary training partners, said the main event of UFC 194 against McGregor on Dec. 12 could be Aldo's final bout.

In an interview with MMA Plus TV, Souwer revealed he thinks that the long-time featherweight titlist will retire regardless of result.

"To be honest, yeah I think," Souwer said when asked whether Aldo's upcoming fight will be the Brazilian's last.

"He will succeed this time also, and it will be a fairytale story. I'll put my money on it."

Aldo himself says it's all about the finances.

“I wouldn’t say I think about retirement. I think about financial stability. When I have it, I will stop. I don’t care if I’m at the top or not, I don’t care. I don’t want to fight until I’m 40. I don’t even know if I’ll get to 35,” Aldo said during a recent media scrum interview in Rio de Janeiro.

If Aldo is going to retire after he has financial stability, then you have to to wonder if the pay cheque he gets this Saturday will be enough for him to call it a day. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he makes more for this fight than he's made for the rest of his UFC fights combined.

• Paid Members

A quick google search has Aldo's net worth at $3m. I've no idea of his lifestyle etc but I'd like to think he's set now.

I really depends where that $3m is tied up. If it's in property then it's perhaps not enough. As you say, his lifestyle may not allow it too. 

My guess is this fight on Saturday will set him up for life. 

• Paid Members

If he's truly worthy 3 million then the endless moaning and crying about not being paid enough sure looks silly. Considering his previous stance of doing fuck all to promote his fights, he's very lucky to be worth anything close to that.

• Paid Members

If he's truly worthy 3 million then the endless moaning and crying about not being paid enough sure looks silly. Considering his previous stance of doing fuck all to promote his fights, he's very lucky to be worth anything close to that.

I'm not sure I agree. If you look at the wars he's been in, the length of time in the game, and how long he's been on top, it's not a lot. 

I think Mcgregor made that cash on his last fight alone with Mendes. 

Archived