C-Rock

I don't really watch a lot of WWE programming but I read results and watch highlights of PPVs and its stood out to me for some time that R-Truth has been around for an awful long time in wrestling in general, most of which in WWE. I'm not sure of every title he has won but I know he had a run with the NWA World Title and has held titles in WWE.

He's a pretty decent and reliable all rounder who has never really seemed to slip below mid-card and has had unremarkable runs in the main event picture from time to time. He must be really liked by the powers that be backstage because he seems to be the go to guy in WWE when they need a spot filled. He's been trading wins and losses to Stardust as of late in a pointless fued but over other probably more deserving and more over names he has been included in they Intercontinetal Elimination Chamber match.

I can't recall a time he has been repackaged and given a different gimmick, he's always been the same old R-Truth that seems to be no harm to anyone and is happy to do what the office tells him to do. Maybe that's it? Maybe he is one of Vinces/creatives yes men who will agree to anything they ask of him.

I don't have a problem with R-Truth and good luck to him, he's obviously played nice backstage and kept in the right people's good books over the years and thus has been afforded a healthy run in WWE which looks set to continue and seems to be in no condition of slowing down.

What's the secret to R-Truth/Ron Killings/K-Kwick success

• Paid Members

I'd imagine it's because he still gets a good reaction on the houses. He's a fun act, he's cheap and if he causes them no trouble then it's difficult to see why they wouldn't keep him.

I'm not a big fan. I enjoy some of his mic work and he had a fun little heel run a while ago but otherwise, there isn't a lot there.

He only joined WWE for the second time in 2008.

There's plenty of people wo haven't really been repackaged over the course of 7 years.

Though it is nuts to think he's only been doing this gig for that long.

Not a fan of R Truth on TV (he is okay in small doses) but he is actually quite a fun act to watch at a WWE live event and is a good opening act to get the fans into the show/event. So for those reasons I would imagine he is popular and does the job required. 

I spoke with my dad yesterday, told him R-Truth was in the IC Match at Elimination Chamber, and his response was "I thought he was Tag Team champion with that other one?"

It shouldn't, but that made me laugh.

• Paid Members

R-Truth is going to be around forever, because he's what they used Duggan for in 2006. On those house shows, he comes out and people go mad. You dont even have to actually like him. He's more or less a hype man. He's a great live act. You always need the likes of those about. Also he's best mates with the Road Dogg, so when he came into power a few years back that must have tagged a few years onto him. Either that or someone in the office has said something horrifyingly racist to him and they are shit scared to give him his papers.

What I find funny is, R-Truth had that gimmick and that music in TNA. Its strange seeing an old clip of him in TNA and seeing him do his "WHAT'S UP?!" catchphrase to that theme. I dont even get why WWE sacked him in 2001. He was inoffensive fun for the crowd even back then.

R-Truth is a weird one. He'll spend years at a time being a boring no-mark, and then he'll turn up and outperform the roster for a few weeks before reverting back to standard. If it was based on merit during the build-up, he should have won the Intercontinental at WrestleMania this year.

In a way, I feel like he's probably a bigger victim of the uncreative booking than most. There are some wrestlers who are just shit at character stuff and are more comfortable in the current "you win I win, let's do movesets" style, but Ronnie's brilliant when they give him something to work with.

I'm a fan of Truth, although I'm not sure what WWE think of him.

I liked him in TNA, during his initial run as champion along with the 3LK stuff. I remember seeing him in WWE as K-Kwik and liking him then as well. During his heel run, I personally would have made him champion, as he had everything going for him. Once Awesome Truth came round, they were easily the best tag team (at the time) on WWE TV. He did have that 1 week as US champ, which was odd as he lost it not long after.

Since he turned face, he's done not alot really. I guess you can blame WWE for not bothering and him for not speaking up.

• Paid Members

The pre-show bout with Stardust before Payback shows his value as a warm-up / house show talent.

His shenanigans with the IC title leading to Wrestlemania were hilarious as well. That's probably what got him into the Elimination Chamber for said title

Archived