Dolph Ziggler

Slapnut

Familiarity leads to contempt with Ziegler and many others of his generation.we have all seen too much of him and grown bored as he's still the same guy character wise that was walking about shaking hands backstage

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lastly, the Mr. Perfect comparison extends to the hair only.

He also bumps like a nutter as Perfect was prone to doing. As Perfect fucked up his back doing.

I like Ziggler, in a way. I don't think he's as bad as some people think, but I certainly also don't think he's as good as a lot of others do either. Don't confuse "I like him" with "I think he's one of the best wrestlers in the world" or anything, his flaws are obvious, especially how his "I'm dead" sell is so over-used, and he's worked everyone else a hundred times. I liked when he cashed in to win the secondary World title because it was nice to see a new face near the top, and I liked him winning Survivor Series because after a lengthy spell having decent-but-inconsequential matches with Miz over the Intercontinental title, he again felt like someone different getting to win a main event. But he isn't your main event babyface character like John Cena has been or Roman Reigns has been able to become.

I'm perfectly aware of his shortcomings, but there's no point lying about the fact I enjoy his matches and often find myself wanting to see him win just because "Ziggler is complete shit" is the popular opinion.

Familiarity leads to contempt with Ziegler and many others of his generation.we have all seen too much of him and grown bored as he's still the same guy character wise that was walking about shaking hands backstage

This is very accurate as well. Too much TV time, not enough TV time of substance. Ziggler has been as big a victim of that system as anyone.

• Paid Members

If Dolph Ziggler got a main event run in 2015 it would be like seeing Tito Santana in a headline spot in 1993. He's established himself as a jobber to the stars with no main event qualities. He's pretty much the John Morrison of the current day. If Morrison hadn't have left, I guarantee you'd have had 800 Ziggler vs Morrison matches since 2012 on TV. They'd have been glued together.

• Paid Members

The thing I hate about Zig is the fact that it feels to me like he's only half doing his gimmick. He's meant to be some 80s throwback cocky show off, but in reality he's the most played out 2015 midcarder there is. He should be running his mouth wearing pink shades and bright clothes and acting like he's meant to be there instead of sheepishly hanging around in a shit black hoodie and 5 inch roots half heartedly playing the held down mid carder role.

His flaws are obvious, especially how his "I'm dead" sell is so over-used, and he's worked everyone else a hundred times.

The dead sell is a big thing for me. Likewise, I enjoy Ziggler a great deal, but the one thing I hate is how no matter what happens, no matter the move, he dead sells way too soon. No sense of struggle or fight, or saving the dead sell for late in the match. One thing about Perfect, he got bounced like a rubber ball, and sold like he was shot out a cannon, but he got up and kept going, he didnt lie like a dead fish after bump number 1. And as silly a nitpick as it sounds, it does hurt, I think it stops people from seeing him as the centrepiece star of anything he does.

Judging from some of the things he says on Twitter and on TV, I don't think he actually 'gets' wrestling.

Most annoying thing he's said was at the Slammys when he told us that at Survivor Series with jobs on the line he went out there and did what anyone would do - entertain the fans.

ARRGH!! NO!!! Fuck the fans, You went out there to fight and win! Entertaining people shouldn't even be a main concern of his on screen character. 

To be honest I have seen him on TV hundreds of times now in the same matches (yes you could argue the same thing about lots of the roster) and yet I don't even understand what he's about, where he's come from or even his whole character. He can't cut a good promo and has shit music. I think its a combination of a bad entrance, bad dress sense, bad promos, bad voice and bad selling. He can have the occasional good match but there isn't anything that actually makes me buy into his character. I would even go as far to say his character is possibly the worst on the male roster. 

Thats the thing i don't get...sure, in real life a lot of these guys like Ziggler, Ryder, Morrison et al all seem happy just to be there and entertain the fans and get a pop for stuff, but surely in kayfabe terms the whole point of being a wrestler is to win matches and titles and make big money. So by saying shit like that about having his "job on the line but i wanted to entertain you guys" etc, the CHARACTER is missing the point of what the reason for being a wrestler is. Winning matches and titles should be the sole focus, with the matches being entertaining along the way, not the other way round.

Ziggler isn't bad, as such, he just needs to be more aware of who/what his persona is....and find a better finisher. Why not gradually work the superkick into victories, he pulls it off really well and so it would be a more credible finish than his self-back-suplex.

• Paid Members

This picture answers any and all questions.

j7qjjd.jpg

He looks like he's in Def Leppard for fucks sakes. Can't bear the man.

Looks like a cunt. And he doesn't even have the shit make-up on.

• Paid Members

I don't mind the look tbh, but that's down to me really not caring. Which is what Ziggler's big downfall is. Does anyone care. He's really popular (the crowd reactions give that off) but yeah, if anyone is never moving anywhere, it's Ziggler. He's wrestles like a character in a Smackdown game.

I think he's at the point of no return with people that dont like him and there's nothing he could do to turn it around, Bellend wants him to be more 80's and wear bright colors etc, he does those things in the pic a above and is slated for it by others which is a fair point either way.

I cant see what he could do that would make people change there minds without others turning on him

Ziggler annoys me because fails to live up to his potential. He has all the tools but doesn't know how to use them. If he had a better understanding of wrestling he could use his bumping, comebacks and selling to be a massive star. He is an under achiever with only himself to blame for that

Archived