Dolph Ziggler

Slapnut

Thought this deserved it's own thread rather than it being tucked away in the Raw thread.

I like Dolph Ziggler. I don't think he's excellent and he's hugely overrated by many, but loads on here seem to think he's the worst thing in wrestling and I genuinely don't understand why.

This thread and this one suggest that many on here thought he was tremendous at one point for the same reasons their now calling him shit. Granted, those threads are a few years ago, but as far as I can tell, barring a face turn, nothing about him has changed since then except the fact that the rest of the internet also decided he was good.

So, Ziggler haters, what's changed? Why did you like him then but not now?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's stale. Massively stale. His character is ill suited to being a heel, his look is horrendous, and his finisher is pretty dire. I generally think his in-ring work is proficient at best with horrible psychology. Also I have an irrational dislike for his hair.

I love Ziggler. His matches are usually good to very good especially ppv. He'll never be the face of the company, but he's a solid mid carder that could be thrown into a main event if needed. He's certainly on the level of an Owen Hart, British Bulldog or Razor Ramon for me.

• Paid Members

Could be a top-level smarmy heel but they insist on pushing him as a pot-noodle haired smug face. There's no denying he's one of the best at babyface comebacks on the roster though so maybe it's that. He'd do much better as a heel though.

I like Ziggler, he's fun and energetic and looks to be having fun, solid mid-card act 

I dont get some of the anti comments about his look, he got a great athletic built, wears trunks, pads and boots and a hoodie/vest to the ring hardly a bad look, his hair after a match is dry,wild and dodgy but otherwise its ok, same as Curt Hennig and dont think he got much stick for it.

• Paid Members

What changed is 4 years of Ziggler mostly not living up to his early promise. If Dean Ambrose was to suddenly spend now until 2019 being crap or very average, some of the comments over the last few months would look weird too if you dug up old threads.

• Paid Members

I like Ziggler, think his matches are consistently decent.  His Survivor Series performance last year was terrific, his selling was terrific, really made you want to root for him in that game

What changed is 4 years of Ziggler mostly not living up to his early promise. If Dean Ambrose was to suddenly spend now until 2019 being crap or very average, some of the comments over the last few months would look weird too if you dug up old threads.

I completely agree that he hasn't done much to evolve. What I don't understand is that some of the very same people who said in previous threads that they loved his hair, for example, are now saying he's shit because of his hair.

He's a crap heel, and he's not a very good babyface. His selling is awfully non-existent, and that's not because he doesn't know how to do it (there are several occasions where he has shown he can definitely sell), it's because he is determined to get his shit in at a hundred miles an hour. He's a great athlete but his psychology is very bad and his promos are worse. Ziggler's fine for a midcard face spot, but chances are if he was ever going to get better than that, he'd have done it by now.

• Paid Members

I have three problems with him that I didn't used to.

Firstly the booking. He's the worst babyface ever. He's a complete fucking pussy who always sounds like he's about to cry into the mic but we're supposed to buy that he goes toe to toe with Harper, Sheamus, etc. It's nonsense.

Secondly the guy has taken on this butthurt glass ceilinged indy darling persona. He thinks he's CM Punk or Daniel Bryan but he doesn't have the story. He's as much a product of the WWE system as anyone. Being a decent seller and having people on the Internet tell you how wonderful you are doesn't make you main event material.

Thirdly, he dresses like a cunt with no sense of irony.

I've never liked Ziggler, as well as all the reasons I mentioned in the Raw thread. I like my wrestlers to look like they're capable of kicking my head in. If we were strangers, I'd feel confident in fighting him. Even if he could actually batter the fuck out of me, he looks like a wimp.

Plus his finisher is shit and is in no way, shape or form similar to an F-fucking-5!

Lastly, the Mr. Perfect comparison extends to the hair only. Perfect was taller and had about 30lbs over Ziggler. Not to mention Ziggler can't even lace Perfects boots.

Archived